Customer Service 866.965.0400

2011 M3 Correction

A buddy of mine just traded in a TT-RS for an M3.  The dealer he got it from hadn't bothered to detail it any more than running it through their car wash it seems.  Between that and a month of rain we've had here in the north east it was in pretty rough shape.

I didn't take a lot of before pictures but here is what I have:

IMAG0189.jpg

Swirls:

IMAG0190.jpg

Reflection when dirty:

IMAG0191.jpg

The timing couldn't have been better, I had Matt rush my new MF pads and polishes order so I could use them on this car.

I borrowed my neighbors Flex polisher since my Porter Cable wasn't up to the task of BMW's hard paint.

I ended up using the new orange MF pad with the new polish, the new MF white pad with the new white polish and finished it off with the old foam white pad and white fine machine polish.  I'd say 98% of the swirls were gone.  I was even able to remove a bunch of damage done by the PO loading / unloading a roof rack on the pillars.

After polishing I hit it with AF's Tough Coat, on top of that I layered some Adam's Americana wax.

Now, on to the results:

D3X_5818.jpg

Reflection off the carbon fiber roof:

D3X_5819.jpg

Hood reflection:

D3X_5822.jpg

nice clean wheels:

D3X_5825.jpg

off the open door (the spot on the fender is dust on my sensor from shooting abandoned buildings, not a spot on the car ;) )

D3X_5826.jpg

rear bumper & hilarious plate:

D3X_5827.jpg

That'll about do it.  I don't know that I'm sold on the new MF pads and polishing compounds yet.  I still had to do 3 steps to get a result I was pleased with.  Time will tell.

Cheers!