Customer Service 866.965.0400

Instrument cluster plastic lens spots

scca vette

We recently bought a Charger as a daily driver and the lens over the cluster had what looked to be etching from a chemical the detailer at the dealership used to clean the interior. I tried all the normal glass cleaners and nothing would make it look any better. Today I cleaned the car and decided to see what I could do to fix it. I figured if I scratch it it already ended to be replaced anyways due to I could not live with how it looked.

I ended up using the white final polish compound and a microfiber cloth and after hand rubbing it a few minutes it took almost all the etching away and looks like new. If you look hard at it and at just the right angle there is just a hint of it but normal driving position it looks perfect.

Figured I would pass this along in case somebody else had the same issue.

I have seen this also on many vehicles with clear plastic lenses. If the glass gets a white haze to it, I have found that its usually due to someone wiping the lenses with an ammonia based glass cleaner or something that harsh. Usually they will clean the inside glass, then notice there cluster is dirty and wipe it with the same cleaner/towel. I have had good results with a plastic polish or headlight restorer wipes.