Customer Service 866.965.0400

New guy from long island!

mk6gli

new here guys. im here to be led in the right direction in cleaning my new daily driver. i own a Tornado Red 2012 VW Jetta GLI and want to know what products i should consider for cleaning my car when i do. my gf is going to be getting me the Adam's Basic Porter Cable 7424 XP Polisher Kit for my bday. i myself when i get a chance am going to purchase the Adam's Detailing Clay Bar & Detail Spray Combo and Adam's Premium Shine Kit. i think that should be a good start to my collection of adam's detailing products. ive already got swirl/fine scratches on my car from driving and washing the improper way and want to make a concerted effort to really make this an art for me and keep a paint job MINT! anyway, PM me or message me some more products i should consider to keep my car in great shape. glad i joined this forum and hope to meet some great people :hi:

:welcomebanner:

The best way to avoid swirls is a proper 2 or 3 bucket wash technique with 2 wash pads. 1 for the top part and 1 for the bottom.

To get the heavy dirt and grime off your car, I suggest using a pressure washer, that way your pads don't get destroyed.

I would suggest getting the black pad and MSS. This gives your paint protection. For added protection, I would suggest Americana or Buttery wax.

Edited by BlueGenCoupe

:welcomebanner:

The best way to avoid swirls is a proper 2 or 3 bucket wash technique with 2 wash pads. 1 for the top part and 1 for the bottom.

To get the heavy dirt and grime off your car, I suggest using a pressure washer, that way your pads don't get destroyed.

I would suggest getting the black pad and MSS. This gives your paint protection. For added protection, I would suggest Americana or Buttery wax.

yea ive actaully recently been finding the two bucket/mits is a much better method of washing the car.pressure washer to me would be a little bit of an inconvenience until i actually put it in a place that is easily accessible when i need it. as far as other stuff im gonna purchase besides the porter cable kit is the americana kit like you stated, clay bar kit, quick sealant and detail spray with gallon refill. i am also going to purchase the car shampoo w/gallon refill & 2 wash mits w/ grit gaurd bucket. from what i understand in there videos is that these products should provide me with the level of shine i am looking for. any more suggestions, tips let me know, thanks alot :lurk: