Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ideal Temp for Touch Up Work

ouhockeyplayer

Question

I was wondering what the ideal temperature would be for using touch up paint to touch up stone chips on my WRX? Unfortunately winter is taking its toll on my front bumper and I noticed a bunch of chips on it after cleaning it not that long ago. It is a very warm 16 degrees right now with a "feels like temp" of 3 degrees in Michigan. Should I just wait for warmer weather in the spring and take care of the damage then? Luckily I have not received any chips on the hood and only on the plastic front bumper. I always keep my distance when driving but I think cars passing on the highway are just throwing unavoidable missiles at my car.

3 answers to this question

I am using the factory touch up paint from the dealer. I have the langka system, but as many as I have received over the winter the Dr. Color Chip method would be faster.

I have only used the Dr system, but I was under the impression that the Langka was the same basic thing.

I would highly recommend a clear bra for your car. Pricey yes, but they keep the front looking chip free. You could also put on a temp bra :2thumbs:.

Try Protective Film : New Car Paint Protection : Paint Protector : Automobile Paint Protection : BuyRoadWrap.com for temp protection! I've heard you can have issues if you use it on headlights so keep it off of those.

Edited by Chewy