Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cam Spray Foamer attachment

eleven357

Question

You would still need a wand with that. That is just half, and not the half you need.

Here is a wand that you could use with that gun:

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/AR-AL248-C/p1637.html

If you could find something cheaper than this, this would be good. It has the gun, wand, and quick disconnect nozzles. Then you would just need a few quick disconnects to switch between the spray wand and the foam attachment.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=228440-82669-99040025&lpage=none

If you were to buy the nozzle in the first link, then you would want to buy (2) quick disconnects with a threaded female end and a male quick disconnect end on the opposite end. Put (1) on the end of the new wand you buy, and (1) on the end of the male threaded end of your foam gun. Then you would need to find the appropriate connectors to put connector with a female quick disconnect on your trigger portion of the gun. This way, you can switch between the wand and foam gun when needed.

You would still need a wand with that. That is just half, and not the half you need.

Here is a wand that you could use with that gun:

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/AR-AL248-C/p1637.html

If you could find something cheaper than this, this would be good. It has the gun, wand, and quick disconnect nozzles. Then you would just need a few quick disconnects to switch between the spray wand and the foam attachment.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=228440-82669-99040025&lpage=none

If you were to buy the nozzle in the first link, then you would want to buy (2) quick disconnects with a threaded female end and a male quick disconnect end on the opposite end. Put (1) on the end of the new wand you buy, and (1) on the end of the male threaded end of your foam gun. Then you would need to find the appropriate connectors to put connector with a female quick disconnect on your trigger portion of the gun. This way, you can switch between the wand and foam gun when needed.

So I couldn't attach the foamer attachment to the end of the gun I posted?

So I couldn't attach the foamer attachment to the end of the gun I posted?

Yeah, but don't you want to get to be able to spray down your car also?

You want to be able to use the spray wand to rinse the vehicle, switch to the foam cannon to soap it down, then switch back to the spray wand to rinse it off.

Yeah, but don't you want to get to be able to spray down your car also?

You want to be able to use the spray wand to rinse the vehicle, switch to the foam cannon to soap it down, then switch back to the spray wand to rinse it off.

Yeah. You are right. I don't know where my mind is at today.

Ok so how about this Briggs gun with this wand?

and with these tips.

Edited by eleven357

Yeah. You are right. I don't know where my mind is at today.

Ok so how about this Briggs gun with this wand?

That's quite a bit more than the link I gave you earlier for Lowes, which came with nozzles as well. The nozzles alone are around $20. It all depends on how much you are wanting/willing to spend. The links you have here will work, but are pretty expensive. Do some searching. I'm not sure how good the quality of the Lowes gun is, but it looks good, and would be readily available without having to wait for an internet purchase to be shipped.

That's quite a bit more than the link I gave you earlier for Lowes, which came with nozzles as well. The nozzles alone are around $20. It all depends on how much you are wanting/willing to spend. The links you have here will work, but are pretty expensive. Do some searching. I'm not sure how good the quality of the Lowes gun is, but it looks good, and would be readily available without having to wait for an internet purchase to be shipped.

I'm just worried about the connection from the hose to the gun fitting. I don't want to end up having to buy a different hose. Or is the fitting where the hose gets attached to the gun universal?

I'm just worried about the connection from the hose to the gun fitting. I don't want to end up having to buy a different hose. Or is the fitting where the hose gets attached to the gun universal?

That connection should be universal. Easy enough to check by just going to Lowes/Home Depot/Sears and looking at their pressure washers on display.

The problem, as you are finding out, is the cheap plastic connections they put on some of the spray gun setups. If you find a gun with threaded brass connections, you can always get some brass connectors to fit. The plastic stuff is unique to a specific manufacturer. They make it hard on you to use anything but their connectors/adapters/accessories.

The problem, as you are finding out, is the cheap plastic connections they put on some of the spray gun setups. If you find a gun with threaded brass connections, you can always get some brass connectors to fit. The plastic stuff is unique to a specific manufacturer. They make it hard on you to use anything but their connectors/adapters/accessories.

Yeah its really been frustrating.

Yeah that connection isnt universal. Its a threaded female and my current is a smaller threaded male. Is there an adapter to fix that or not?

Ok so I am going with the Precise-fit gun, wand, tips kit and a 1/4" male to 3/8" male adapter that will fit with my hose. I'll update tomorrow. Thanks again for all of your help.:)

It really is too bad you have to buy a new gun, but I think over time with plastic threaded connections you would run into problems. If you never had to seperate the 2 ends of the gun, it probably wouldn't be a problem. They should have just sold the pressure washer with a decent gun to begin with.

Sure wish it was warm enough to get out and wash my car! It's been sitting in the garage, dirty. Just waiting for a day that is somewhat warm, and I get off work before the sun goes down to be able to clean it up.

Jeff

I have a Cam Spray 1000A washer and the Cam Spray Foamer.

Cam-Spray-Foamer-Attachment%7Eimg%7ECAM%7ECAM1243_l.jpg

Cam-Spray-1000-PSI-Cold-Water-Electric-Hand-Carry-Pressure-Washer%7Eimg%7ECAM%7ECAM1102_l.jpg

Cam-Spray-Foamer-Attachment%7Eimg%7ECAM%7ECAM1243_l.jpg

Did you try contacting camspray as they as both made buy this company and I'm sure they could tell you how to connect this as they are made to work together from what I understand . Without you having to buy another gun . Just a thought .Even where you purchased them should have that info

It really is too bad you have to buy a new gun, but I think over time with plastic threaded connections you would run into problems. If you never had to seperate the 2 ends of the gun, it probably wouldn't be a problem. They should have just sold the pressure washer with a decent gun to begin with.

Sure wish it was warm enough to get out and wash my car! It's been sitting in the garage, dirty. Just waiting for a day that is somewhat warm, and I get off work before the sun goes down to be able to clean it up.

Jeff

Yeah that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. I am just glad that I had people to help me out. I haven't been this frustrated in awhile trying to figure something out. One would assume that since you bought a Cam Spray Pressure Washer that the gun would be compatible with any accessory made by the same manufacturer.

Yeah its been sunny here all weekend and my M5 is very dirty from the last rain. I need to clay her still. I'm probably going to need a good 6-8 hours to do everything I want. Plus this will be my first time using clay and the Porter Cable for that matter. I have been watching the videos and reading all I can to have a full understanding of what needs to be done.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.:bow:

Take a picture of the end of the sprayer nozzle it self as I beleive that unscrews and is where the foamer attaches with the M22 threaded adapter that you have threaded on the foamer in your first set of pictures It should attach at the wand end and not to the gun

Take a picture of the end of the sprayer nozzle it self as I beleive that unscrews and is where the fomaer attaches with the M22 threaded adapter that you have threaded on the foamer in your first set of pictures

Oh, no way!

I can just unscrew the screws and the nozzle comes off.

I thought that initially, but the screwdriver I had was stripping it so I stopped.

Edited by eleven357

Hope you can find a solution to this without having to buy anything besides some quick disconnects.

Well, I took off early from work today to catch the football games. Turned out to be 60 degrees and sunny today, so I gave the G8 a quick bath. It's been in the garage dirty for about the past month without a chance to give it a bath. I didn't bother washing my truck. It parks outside and will probably rain tomorrow. It is Seattle!

Let us know what kind of solution you come up with.

Jeff