Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford Edge

Sizzle Chest

Did my buddy's wife'f Ford Edge today. Nice car! Pearl white metallic, loaded, AWD, all the bells and whistles.

Car was not bad to begin with. A few minor swirls and scratches. Nothing that FMP didn't take care of after a good washing and claying. Car had clear bra on the front end and mrirrors too. Was a little banged/scratched up. So glad I had some Clear Polish and Protectant squirlled away! It breathed a little life back into it.

Oh yeah, used my Adam's detail cart and what a nice cart and a time saver! Put your stuff on it and go! Sweet!!!

All in all, car came out great and they were both thrilled!

Some pics:

garage2_zps30f4d86b.jpg

garage4_zpse8936e2e.jpg

Finished!

garage5_zpsa16f88eb.jpg

Edited by NASTY GT500

Thanks all! Yeah Buddy, it was a crazy day! Detail, organize garage, etc...

And, it's getting smoking hot and humid out already! I wish I new someone with an AC'd garage!

You mean people in Florida put A/C in their garage? Insanity :lol:

Looks great!

My parents have a home on Marco Island and are complaining about the heat and humidity now too. They come North on the 28th though. I think they're ready...

You mean people in Florida put A/C in their garage? Insanity :lol:

Yep! Some crazy detailers do just that! LOL

Looks great!

My parents have a home on Marco Island and are complaining about the heat and humidity now too. They come North on the 28th though. I think they're ready...

Well, it was 94 and humid here yesterday. About the same today. Record heat/humidity for us this time of year. Summer is here!

Scott after the lift, you need to get AC!:jester:

Chris, I like your thinking!

Way to go Scott!

I did not realize you fit this in today too ;)

Rupes FTW :thumbsup:

what's so good about the rupes? Better than the flex? Looks pretty similar from a looks perspective and videos of it.

what's so good about the rupes? Better than the flex? Looks pretty similar from a looks perspective and videos of it.

The Rupes LHR 15 and LHR 21 differ from the Flex 3401 as they are not forced rotation. They function as a traditional dual action random orbital polisher, but with a significantly increased throw or orbit range. So where a traditional dual action polisher has a throw of 4 to 8 mm the Rupes each are 15 and 21 mm respectively.

Each machine is the smoothest operating I have used of its type to date. There is no vibration and the machine does not require much downward pressure to achieve flawless correction results. The balance and precision makes using these machines very rewarding when polishing an entire vehicle as there is very little user fatigue and the large orbit cuts down the working time compared to a traditional D/A.

The 3401 is the correction king and capable of doing everything the Rupes can do, but they both get you there in a different way. A lot of it comes down to personal preference and what you are working on.

The Rupes LHR 15 and LHR 21 differ from the Flex 3401 as they are not forced rotation. They function as a traditional dual action random orbital polisher, but with a significantly increased throw or orbit range. So where a traditional dual action polisher has a throw of 4 to 8 mm the Rupes each are 15 and 21 mm respectively.

Each machine is the smoothest operating I have used of its type to date. There is no vibration and the machine does not require much downward pressure to achieve flawless correction results. The balance and precision makes using these machines very rewarding when polishing an entire vehicle as there is very little user fatigue and the large orbit cuts down the working time compared to a traditional D/A.

The 3401 is the correction king and capable of doing everything the Rupes can do, but they both get you there in a different way. A lot of it comes down to personal preference and what you are working on.

Makes perfect sense. I may have to pick one up one day......maybe when my PC dies. My flex can def beat me up at times.