Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pressure washing carpet?

aksz71

Question

7 answers to this question

Bought a 07 silverado an have the seats out to clean the carpet. Would I be able to pressure wash the carpet?

I definitely wouldn't recommend it unless you plan to pull the carpet out of the truck to do it and give it ample time to dry before putting it back in.

I would not pressure wash if the carpet is still in the truck. There's a strong chance you'll get things like airbag connectors or body control modules wet and have a bad day. If you have the carpet out and don't have an extractor or steam, you could use a hose with nozzle and carpet cleaner. Just be aware it's going to take quite a while for the carpet to dry.

Edit : James beat me to it.

Edited by blcksilv08

If you don't mind taking it out and letting it dry thoroughly then it may not be bad. I would be careful withe the pressure washer as well because if you get it too close the jet may actually cut or tear the fabric. Also, if you have access to a wet vac, that may help improve your drying time by sucking out some of the water

It depends on how soiled the carpet is. If it is heavily soiled, removing it and deep cleaning probably wouldn't be a bad idea. If it is something that some carpet and upholstery cleaner and a steam cleaner can take care of, that would save you some time and effort.

I have pressure washed them before. You have to remove the carpet and then peel the pad off of the carpet. That pad is usually glued to the back of the carpet and if you don't take it off it will NEVER dry. It is a pain to remove too. I would say if it isn't totally trashed a steam cleaner would be much quicker and easier.