Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best quick wash

Rolling_history_teacher

Question

Hey everyone, newbie here. I recently bought a 2011 white (not pearl, but stark white) Panamera from my dad. Love the car, but the color is driving me nuts, it is so difficult to keep clean. I’m coming from a dark blue GTI, which wasn’t too bad.

I’ve come to the realization that i’m going to have to give it some kind of wash every week. However, I really don’t want to have to do a full on wash every week. Can y’all give me some recommendations on the best quick washes? Is a foam gun/canon and pressure wash a good investment, or just a simple suds and scrub?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to being involved on the boards!

6 minutes ago, LSX Maestro said:

Going to be hard to do a complete detail on $100-$150...If you want to go in order, then you'd be buying Stripping, Decontamination, and Polishing but that would mean you'd have left your now perfect/close to perfect paint naked.  Instead of trying to price out stuff I'll just lay out the steps:

Paint:

Strip Wash (But you'll need to do regular washes after this first detail)

Iron Decon (Can be done with Wheel Cleaner)

Clay (With Rinseless Wash because this will keep the waxes of Detail Spray off the paint)

Re-wash (With Strip is fine)

Polish (Depending on condition of car, you may be able to start at Correcting + Orange Foam pad but if that's not enough, then you'll need more, so a complete kit should be ordered.)

Protectant (In your case, LPS by hand or with a Gray Foam pad unless you're going to do a Ceramic Coating (Which that kit alone is $150))

If LPS:

Apply H2O GG or you can do the proven Brilliant Glaze + Paste Wax combo, personally, I think that's more catered to a garage or weekend vehicle.  

Wheels:
Thorough cleaning with Wheel Cleaner

Coat with LPS or just a standalone coating of H2O GG

Trim/Tires:

VRT on plastics; keeps them dark, protected, and shedding water/other substances

Tire Shine on tires or VRT can be used too (Diluting VRT is an option as well)

Glass:
If you want to save some time and money, you can just go with H2O GGing them regularly and/or Detail Spray.  But if you want, you can use:
Glass Sealant

Glass Boost

Which will keep your glass crazy hydrophobic for a long period of time (4-6 months + more if you go with boost)

I would save out and not buy any interior things unless you need them. I find that Detail Spray can handle most of the things in the interior as well as the exterior.  

This is just some of my thought process.  I'd buy as much of those processes as you can.  Obviously, if you're going to be doing a paint correction, it doesn't make sense to put LPS or even H2O GG/Wax on top of a contaminated/uncorrected paint, only to then order paint correction tools a few months later.  So it would be nice to go in order, but you can't stop at any step before Protectant really which leaves you with either spending more or less ideally you could just:

Strip Wash

Clay

Seal (LPS preferably topped with something like H2O GG)

and work with that until you can correct it.  

JMO. 

Hmm, okay so let’s say I do the complete strip down detail as you laid out, what would be essentials for regular washes? There just seem to be so many products, it is hard to tell what should be used every time, most of the time, and occasionally.

I know for sure that I want to buy a couple of the buckets with grit guard (for the 2 bucket wash, which i’ve never done on any car), some of the towels and and a mit, the rinseless wash mentioned in the previous posts, and probably a foam gun/cannon. 

Is this a good starting set or is there something I should consider adding?

9 minutes ago, Rolling_history_teacher said:

Hmm, okay so let’s say I do the complete strip down detail as you laid out, what would be essentials for regular washes? There just seem to be so many products, it is hard to tell what should be used every time, most of the time, and occasionally.

I know for sure that I want to buy a couple of the buckets with grit guard (for the 2 bucket wash, which i’ve never done on any car), some of the towels and and a mit, the rinseless wash mentioned in the previous posts, and probably a foam gun/cannon. 

Is this a good starting set or is there something I should consider adding?

For regular bucket washes:

2 Buckets and grit guards (Gamma Seals are nice too)

Wash pad (Probably will want two of these, but one can do)

Car Shampoo (16oz will probably serve you for a quite a while especially if you're mixing in Rinseless Washes)

Great White Drying Towel(s) (One will dry my whole 2500 Duramax, but two may be nice if you're cycling them)

Detail Spray (Drying aid, shine adder, leaves the paint slick, and many more uses)

For Rinseless Washes:
16oz Rinseless Wash (This can make 12-16 buckets worth of RW solution, watch the videos, which can keep for 2 weeks or more if stored correctly )

6-8 Double Soft Towels (Yes they're expensive, but you'll want them.  Fold them in 1/4s and use a new surface ever 1-2 swipes, depending on the dirt level, your mileage may vary)

I think that's all you'll need for keeping a car clean.  Other members can chime in.  

Yes there are a lot of products, I remember (Not too long ago) when I was overwhelmed by what gets used how and the like but spending time on these forums, asking questions, and watching the videos answered all my questions where now I have a strong knowledge of what product is used for what and how to use it in the Adam's line.  If you have questions, just keep asking them, we have nothing better to do on here than answer them :D .