Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lighting options

OIF Vet

I am going to continue on blacking my truck out. I am going to tint my tail lights and I'm going to pick up a new set of head lights. What's the difference between projector, LED and plain ole' stock head lights. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Rob

As far as I know LED headlights aren't main stream. LED pulls almost no power and lasts nearly forever. (great product) Use LED's in all your indicators.

If I were you I'd go with projector head lights with HID bulbs. Projectors are nice because they throw out a nice flat stream of light for a long distance.

As far as I know LED headlights aren't main stream. LED pulls almost no power and lasts nearly forever. (great product) Use LED's in all your indicators.

If I were you I'd go with projector head lights with HID bulbs. Projectors are nice because they throw out a nice flat stream of light for a long distance.

Sounds good to me i do not have a clue.

Do you have to rewire the HIDs? Or can you just plug them into the headlight? The ones that I cam looking at getting are plug and play ones. Thanks for the help.

Most companies make plug and plays for the newer vehicles. Some of the higher wattage ones WILL need to have a relay added and power from the battery run which is UBER easy.

Chris

Most companies make plug and plays for the newer vehicles. Some of the higher wattage ones WILL need to have a relay added and power from the battery run which is UBER easy.

Chris

Yes most quality kits are plug and play, you just have to find a place to mount the ballast....

:iagree::iagree: HID's in a projector is the way to go. There are so many HID kits out there, but I would never buy one without the relay.

as metioned above go with hids and projectors. also when if you get hids dont forget that you can get different temperature ranges which give you different color output. if you buy hids without a projector kit it throws the beam around and will glare although it still looks good some very inconsiderate to other drivers because it is a very bright light to oncoming traffic. as chewy said the projectors focus the light in a given direction. some companies sell the kits together that way you know the lights will fit the housings. if you want more info on hids check out www.hidplanet.com