Customer Service 866.965.0400

Why did you guys buy your Vettes?

IMADreamer

I had a friend whos dad had a C3 when i was growing up, man i thought that car was cool :glasses:All i could think about was one day being able to drive one of those. Well that day never came :jester: i bought a C5 instead :banana:.

Without sounding too corny i am AMERICAN :patriot: and i love American past times. I had a Harley i own a vette and i drive a Chevy truck. Yes i love apple pie and ice cream and i love cruising down old Route 66 and i love watching the Cardinals play baseball. A vette is a sign of american MUSCLE!!

It always bugs me when a guy with a supped up car starts downplaying the real muscle behind a vette. Yes there are alot of cars out there that have had alot of stuff done to them and with all do respect if i did the same modifications to my vette it would be faster then theirs. I never say anything bad about someones car, they have it they love it and they are proud of it and that alone makes me happy for them. I dont care if they are driving a Gremlin.

SHHHHHEWWWWW i think i need a beer :lol: of coarse it will be a cold Bud Light since it is made right here in St louis by hard working Americans (we just wont talk about how Anheiser is now owned by a European company)

Ok rant over we now return you to your regualr programming.

If you guys that are telling me to go drive one are offering a test drive in yours I'll take up your offer. :) I'll be gentle I promise.

I have tuned a couple C5 Zo6s but that's all business and driving on a dyno isn't exactly fun.

Well I would let you drive mine but, well you know.:D

Just looked, your about 4 hours away from me.:o

Edited by bigred vette

Well I would let you drive mine but, well you know.:D

Just looked, your about 4 hours away from me.:o

You know I'm going to be in Chicago in a few weeks, I could stop by for that test drive on my way. :D

I had a friend whos dad had a C3 when i was growing up, man i thought that car was cool :glasses:All i could think about was one day being able to drive one of those. Well that day never came :jester: i bought a C5 instead :banana:.

Without sounding too corny i am AMERICAN :patriot: and i love American past times. I had a Harley i own a vette and i drive a Chevy truck. Yes i love apple pie and ice cream and i love cruising down old Route 66 and i love watching the Cardinals play baseball. A vette is a sign of american MUSCLE!!

It always bugs me when a guy with a supped up car starts downplaying the real muscle behind a vette. Yes there are alot of cars out there that have had alot of stuff done to them and with all do respect if i did the same modifications to my vette it would be faster then theirs. I never say anything bad about someones car, they have it they love it and they are proud of it and that alone makes me happy for them. I dont care if they are driving a Gremlin.

SHHHHHEWWWWW i think i need a beer :lol: of coarse it will be a cold Bud Light since it is made right here in St louis by hard working Americans (we just wont talk about how Anheiser is now owned by a European company)

Ok rant over we now return you to your regualr programming.

Back in my Camaro days I always loved running Vettes, I never initiated the battle though, it was usually fun. Then again I was running a two staged 300 shot. :rockon: Those days are long gone for now though.

I was in STL yesterday and saw a black C5 Zo6 at a light near midrivers. I'll bet it was crazy fast because it was cammed for sure and had exhaust, but it didn't sound good like your typical Vette does. I'm not sure what he did to it to do that.

You know I'm going to be in Chicago in a few weeks, I could stop by for that test drive on my way. :D

Back in my Camaro days I always loved running Vettes, I never initiated the battle though, it was usually fun. Then again I was running a two staged 300 shot. :rockon: Those days are long gone for now though.

I was in STL yesterday and saw a black C5 Zo6 at a light near midrivers. I'll bet it was crazy fast because it was cammed for sure and had exhaust, but it didn't sound good like your typical Vette does. I'm not sure what he did to it to do that.

Yeah there are a couple vettes up that way that are runnin something??? Do you live near st louis?

I really can't add to much that hasn't been said. They are a great all round car. Straight line, handling, looks, what else can you ask for? I fell for them when I was a kid. When I was 9 or 10 I rode in my first Corvette, a 63 SWC, I vowed to own one someday. When I was 19, I bought a 64 coupe. It needed lots of work, but it was mine. After getting married, I found it wasn't practical, so I sold it...again vowing to own another. After our youngest daughter (we had 3 girls) got married I bought our 94 Corvette and thoroughly enjoyed it driving it all over the country. This spring, we decided to move up to the 2001 coupe. It is a great car. I really can't see us without one now.

I just found out another reason I love the Vette. :jester:

We were at the Annual Woodward Cruise yesterday and do you know how many pictures were taken of our Big Block???? That air cleaner hanging out of the hood and just the way the car sounds rubbling down the road. :rockon::rockon:

Gotta love it. :2thumbs: