Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Coating

SS LeadFoot

Question

So I have a few questions about Adam's Ceramic coating. I am thinking about doing it to a few of my cars/wheels/trim. etc. Is this the same type of stuff I see on the internet where everything just flies off the paint? Makes it seem like the car is indestructible? Does it ever come off? Does it eliminate the reason to wax or polish a car? Any information would be great! 

Thanks! 

1 answer to this question

2 minutes ago, SS LeadFoot said:

So I have a few questions about Adam's Ceramic coating. I am thinking about doing it to a few of my cars/wheels/trim. etc. Is this the same type of stuff I see on the internet where everything just flies off the paint? Makes it seem like the car is indestructible? Does it ever come off? Does it eliminate the reason to wax or polish a car? Any information would be great! 

Thanks! 

You just asked for a ton of information to say the least.  The Adam's coating is similar to any other nano coating.  The coatings are what creates the super hydrophobic effect on your paint as well as providing protection.

Let's clear something up though, no ceramic coating (I don't care what they claim) is indestructible.  It can, and will get scratched.  That being said, it is harder to damage than the clear coat on your vehicle.  Being that it it's a thin coating, it will wear off with time.  There are contaminants all around in the environment and they are abrasive.  Adam's coatings I believe claim 12-24 months of durability.  If you take care of it, it will last all of that and then some.  If you neglect it, it won't even last that long. 

You won't want to use a polish on your car after it's coated.  Polishes are abrasive and doing so they will remove the coating.  Instead of waxing the coating, you'll occasionally use ceramic boost as a top agent.  This will help maintain the hydrophobic effect and protect the coating. 

The biggest thing to stress is that the outcome of a coating lies largely in the prep.  Everything must be clean and polished to your satisfaction before you apply the coating.  Once the coating is on, it locks in anything that's there.  As a frame of reference, we always plan two days to do a coating.  We can get it polished and installed in a day (with two of us working on it), but it needs time to cure for final inspection and also to allow us more time for polishing before hand.  The coating process itself is pretty quick once you get it down.  The prep though, is where your time is spent.