Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome rims and salt...

TX GMC

Okay well I live in Wisconsin and we just got another snow storm coming. Yeah I know April 19th...

Anyway I just moved here in dec and I just put my summer rims on...(chrome w/ deep dish). Anyway my friend said there going to salt. Will the salt ruin them! He said it would make pits in my chrome. Since I have a deep dish on it where it can just sit. Besides being low pros in snow, will the salt ruin them for just the two days of snow today and tommorow?

I mean I can take them off but it already started snowing before I could get them off. But if I have to I will after class. Thanks to anyone that can let a light on this situation.

Mistyped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ok thanks! I don't have any Americana or wax lol, I'm failing from the start haha. I guess I will just take them off really quick and throw my snow tires back on

Thanks though bill. But it will make the chrome if it dries on the rim?

Mistyped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben, just clean them and put some kind of wax on them for the time being until you get some MSW. I have never waxed my rims before coming to Adam's and never had any problems. But I also don't keep my cars that long either.

I see you guys are getting snow, we're getting a thunder storm with hail pea sized right now.

Archived