Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mustang gathering.. with 1 bow tie who found his way in.

txredgt

Group shot, ground level:

Groupshot.jpg

Believe it or not, this photo only has photoshop where a light pole used to be and the lines for the parking garage.

stormphotophotoshopped.jpg

A BEAUTIFUL mystichrome 96 Cobra, Everytime I see this car the more I want to try to find one:

96MystichromeCobra.jpg

Finally just my buddies GT:

Wess.jpg

And mine:

laylabridge.jpg

Those Mystic Cobras are cool looking. The color goes from rootbeer to purple to deep forest green. The dealership I used to work at had to paint a fender on one. The dealership's body shop could not type in the paint code in their computer to mix it. They had to have Ford reps come in and mix the paint. After the fender was spray, they took all the paint with them. At the time (late 90's) the paint was $1000 a gallon. I actually talked to the guy and he told me how the paint changes color. It's really pretty cool.

Those Mystic Cobras are cool looking. The color goes from rootbeer to purple to deep forest green. The dealership I used to work at had to paint a fender on one. The dealership's body shop could not type in the paint code in their computer to mix it. They had to have Ford reps come in and mix the paint. After the fender was spray, they took all the paint with them. At the time (late 90's) the paint was $1000 a gallon. I actually talked to the guy and he told me how the paint changes color. It's really pretty cool.

Yep, I think they have become a little more relaxed on the actual Ford mystichrome color. I too have heard that if you have one and need paint you have 2 options. Have it attempted to match and it won't or call Ford and pay a ton for a small amount of it, also they verify the vin # when the Ford rep sees your car in person. Sending in #'s doesn't even work. I think they also have specific painters who can paint the color. It's such a unique color, if wanted I got a few other shots of that car to show the differences in paint but without the sunlight its tough to fully grasp how beautiful the paintjob is.

The easiest way to describe how the paint works is to think of a pyramid with 4 sides going to a point. If you were to look at the paint under a microscope you would see the pyramids. Each side of those pyramids has a different color. Depending on the angle you look at it, that's the color you see. That was the way I was told it works. I'm sure there is way more science behind it, but I wouldn't of understood it.

This is a picture from a different guy on a mustang forum but I think this shot truely shows off the color of the car (This photographer is 1 of my favorites for cars in our area. That car is exactly what I want, well maybe I would go for an 04 Mystic vert but this is the car that makes me want one sooo bad :bow:

Mystic96.jpg

Here is the link to a few of the gentleman who took the photos above.

http://www.davegravesphotography.com/Cars/Estebans-1996-Mystic-Cobra/13634251_yeiJq#995685075_QTBx8

Archived