Customer Service 866.965.0400

buttery wax applicator

694doorbird

Question

12 answers to this question

I was going to ask this question myself tonight as I ordered a buttery wax to see what it is like but forgot to get the applicator. Already have Americana and a couple applicators for that.

Looking forward to using the buttery wax to see how it works. :)

Several people have said that the BW delivers a wetter look than Americana. So, after a through washing, gave the Ranger a coat of BG then Buttery wax. I do like the way it looks!!! I may just save the Americana for the winter months where it lasts longer.

BW has some fillers in it. That may be what you like about it. Personally, I've not touched the BW since getting MSS and Americana.

Sent from my iPhone4 using special algorithms and data nodes!

So I did a side by side comparison of the buttery and Americana waxes on the velocity yellow vette.

The car was already clean and didn't need claying, applied brilliant glaze to the entire hood and applied buttery wax to one side and Americana to the other side. Then topped it off with detail spray. It was raining out so I didn't get to compare in sunlight but in artificial lights the two waxes were fairly similar but I feel the Americana looked better. The Americana definitely felt more slippery and like it will provide a better protection. I was concerned that I may have been biased knowing which side was buttery and Americana so I asked my bride her opinion. She could feel the large difference too.

Americana wins!

Just the opposite for me. I've been using the brilliant glaze followed by Americana. I liked the way it looked, but got no comments from my wife. This time I used brilliant glaze followed by Buttery Wax, and this time I got the comment "so shiny and silky smooth".

Just the opposite for me. I've been using the brilliant glaze followed by Americana. I liked the way it looked, but got no comments from my wife. This time I used brilliant glaze followed by Buttery Wax, and this time I got the comment "so shiny and silky smooth".

I wonder if it's the filler difference...

Archived