Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash Scratches

M.YANCEY

Question

Guys I have a new truck and I wash it a soft mit and I use two bucket method, Look at it in my shop under fluorescent lights and I could see real small scratches like spider web just not as many, What is the best way to remove them and make the finish like glass.

11 answers to this question

Can I do it by hand or do I need a machine? Is there a good video on hand polishing?

I think this depends on your level of expectation or perfection. I cannot get paint to a perfect level with hand polishing and believe it will require a machine. Having said that, if you want to try the hand polishing route go ahead and try, you have nothing to lose as some of the product is some of the same you will need for machine polishing and the one hand polishing product that is different Revive Polish) still has other purposes even when you have a machine.

:cheers:

Good two bucket strip wash, baggie test to see if it needs claying, if so then clay, then do a pass of Fine Machine polish and take a look. If they're that light FMP (as others have stated) should be enough.

Guys I have a new truck and I wash it a soft mit and I use two bucket method, Look at it in my shop under fluorescent lights and I could see real small scratches like spider web just not as many, What is the best way to remove them and make the finish like glass.

My second RAM truck was a Cherry color. Didn't see the same kind of scratches you seen until I got it home. I just used the FMP and it didn't take me very long to buff them out.

Having spent more time at the Dodge dealership due to forcing them to buy back the two trucks, it gave me time to walk around the showroom floor. New trucks/cars - all without a scratch or swirl on them - Until the lot boys take them back to the detailing area and use their scrub brushes and old bath towels. The service manager calls it their "weekly" dusting so a potential customer can see how fantastic they look. :confused:

Archived