Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick question on swirl removal longevity on black cars..

CKYnick

Question

Hey everyone,

Just had a quick question, A little bit of backround first....

I got caught up in the whole detailing thing pretty quickly so I purchased almost every Adam's product available. The first car I did, with the Adams and the PC was a black Pontiac G6. I worked from early morning till night getting the swirls out, polishing, glazing, waxing, the whole nine yards. It came out great, it was smooth as glass and reflected like a mirror, I was happy and impressed with the product.

However, the only step I didnt do, because it was the only thing I didnt have on hand at the time was the MSS. Long story short, I never touched the car with any types of cleaners towels exc for approx two weeks. I did the two bucket wash this weekend basically to remove the pollen and road dust from the car, all to reveal there are fine swirls everywhere on the car. It was like a shot too the gut seeing that to be honest, I felt like I had spent hundreds of dollars and hours of my time fine tunning the paint and for what? Heres the exact process I used in both cases:

Rinsed Wheels

Green wheel cleaner(rims), All purpose Cleaner(tires, wheel well)

Rinsed Wheels

Rinsed Car

Two bucket wash, Adams wash pads (2) Top and bottom seperate

Clayed

Two bucket wash

Dry

SSR (removed all steps with Adams microfibers)

SHR

FMP

Glaze

Americana (2) coats

When I washed the car this weekend I repeated the first 5 steps.

Was it just the fact I didnt use the MSS that im seeing swirls already? Im not trying to down the product, im just trying to understand if I did something wrong here.

Id appreciate any and all input, again, please dont take this as a bashing of Adams, by no means do I mean it that way.

Thanks ALL!

Nick

Hey Nick. Welcome to the addiction. Sounds like you did a great job. Here are a few thoughts on your issue.

1 Did you inspect the car in sunlight or strong work lights the night you finished and before glazing and waxing? Fine swirls might still have been present and hidden by the glaze and wax.

2 How are you drying the car? That could have introduced the swirls.

The use (or not) of MSS is not going to be a factor in ease of swirling. Touch a car wrong, and you'll introduce swirls no matter what.

Fear not, we'll get ya sorted out!

Remotely posted by XQIZT Automotive

Archived