Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water Spots on Windows - Another success story

DaveVY

Nothing much new here, just another successful removal of very stubborn water spots from glass.

This vehicle was in pretty bad shape, may do a full write up later. It regularly was getting sprayed by hard water from an irrigation system and then baked in the hot Florida sun... for the past 3 or 4 years!! :help:

This is how the glass looked after: pressure wash, two bucket wash, clay, glass cleaner ... and still left heavy spots everywhere and still looked like crap!

IMG_4363.jpg

After using the green 4" focus pad along with the severe swirl and haze remover it looked really good. Then tried something new (new for me) and used the white focus pad with a couple drops of Fine Machine Polish and a couple drops of Revive Polish. (this really is a white pad, just picking up the black material from doing a couple windows)

IMG_4364.jpg

The results were remarkable! Very happy with the results and the owner was thrilled with it too!

This picture is focused on the glass like the first picture was... but no spots visible! Had to use manual focus as the camera couldn't see the glass anymore! :drool:

IMG_4368.jpg

These next two pictures show how mirror clear the reflection is now.

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

Another example of how the winning combination of Adam's products along with the education they provide through the forum deliver fantastic results!

:bow:

So for my windows I can use the severe swirl and haze remover and the fine machine polish on the glass? I don't have the focus kit but I still want to do it because mine don't look good. I also don't have and glass products, I heard you can use glaze on the windows?

Dave that came out really good. :drool: I will be trying that on both my vehicles this weekend. Did you use a drill or the PC with the 4" pads?

Sorry was so focused on the glass and the dirty pad,, did not notice the PC in your hand.. :lolsmack:

The Windows on my Tahoe and G6 look like that. I will clay them then tryout your process.

:patriot:

Dave that came out really good. :drool: I will be trying that on both my vehicles this weekend. Did you use a drill or the PC with the 4" pads?

Sorry was so focused on the glass and the dirty pad,, did not notice the PC in your hand.. :lolsmack:

The Windows on my Tahoe and G6 look like that. I will clay them then tryout your process.

:patriot:

Thanks!

Yes, I used the PC since I already had that setup for doing some small area correction on this customer's car.

Ran the PC at speed 4, 2 or three drops of Severe Swirl and Haze Remover and very small spritz of Detail Spray. Was careful not to have it too wet or let it get too dry - since I didn't tape off the edges of the windows and didn't want to have spend time cleaning the window gasket material later.

Did not have to use any Detail Spray with the Fine Machine Polish as the Revive Polish added enough moisture.

After polishing used a Double Soft and some Detail Spray and got the results you see.

Each window took a couple minutes to complete.

:glasses:

So for my windows I can use the severe swirl and haze remover and the fine machine polish on the glass? I don't have the focus kit but I still want to do it because mine don't look good. I also don't have and glass products, I heard you can use glaze on the windows?

Yes, these products are safe on the glass (learned that here on the Forum). The "real" glass polishing products that actually cut and correct scratches in glass are much more aggressive than the Adam's polishes.

We have had a couple threads about polishing scratches out of glass in the past, not something I have tried.

The glaze is very cool to use on the glass. Love the results of using that not only on the cars but also in the house. My favorite glass use for the Brilliant Glaze is on the large sliding glass doors to the back yard. Using the Glaze the glass stays cleaner much longer than it used to. In the past that glass would look terrible after just a week or two, now, with the glaze, it still looks good after a month and when it does needs cleaning, it cleans much easier.

:thumbsup:

Nice work Dave! I remember hitting my dad's F150 last fall. Similar issue with the water, but add another 4 years! LOL, it was a real bear to work out, but in the end, when the glass looks THAT nice....can't do much but pop a beer and grin!

Mook

How much pressure did you use? I have some bad spots up under my window vent visors. I would have to roll it down slightly to get to it. I am afraid of breaking the window :eek:

Not much pressure, less than the 9-14 lbs that are typically recommended for paint correction. These pads have fraction of the are the normal sized pads have, so the pressure needed is much less. Use speed 4 and just watch the pad, don't flatten it out.

If you have to roll the window down, then just pay attention to how much the glass is moving. Less pressure will work fine, might just take an extra minute or two. The SSHR with the 4" pads works remarkably well without the need for "elbow grease" or pressure.

Using the Revive Polish mixed with the Fine Machine Polish seemed to really pick up some extra dirt and grit that the SSHR didn't get and make the gloss really pop. You can see from the pic how much dirt it picked up to make the pad turn gray.:thumbsup:

This would apply for the windshield also?????

I use this on the windshield too! :banana:

I use it on any glass, the part that was new for me was the addition of the Revive Polish! Even used it on the glossy "pillars" between the front and rear doors on this particular vehicle (Acadia).

:glasses:

It seems like there's little fine scratches on my windshield after doing this. Is there something I might of done wrong? or maybe I just never noticed them before.

I would not think so, as these polishes/pads/machines don't really polish the glass, just the 'stuff' on the glass. If you used the 4" pads on a drill, you may be able to affect the glass some, but you need a more powerful machine and very abrasive products to do damage.

Insert Mook's glass expert comments here: ________ :jester:

I would not think so, as these polishes/pads/machines don't really polish the glass, just the 'stuff' on the glass. If you used the 4" pads on a drill, you may be able to affect the glass some, but you need a more powerful machine and very abrasive products to do damage.

Insert Mook's glass expert comments here: ________ :jester:

:iagree:

In my experience Adam's polishes can't do any scratching to the glass.

Hopefully Mook will chime in! :burnout:

On hard water stains on the window, I'd love to try spritzing an orange pad with APC and trying it. APC hammers on hard water stains like that. I found that out using it last year on our wave runner. I was impressed.

Not to highjack the thread, but I have a question.

I have some really nasty water spots on my windshield and Im going to try this, but I would like to reassurance on applying glass sealant. My process will be:

complete strip wash(Plan on polishing the car)

Clay the window

SHR or FMP mixed with revive

After these three steps how would I go about aplying glass sealant. Do I clean any polish off with DS then reclay the car? Or after misting the glass with DS to remove any polish, can I just go to the next step which would be glass cleaner then sealant?

Not to highjack the thread, but I have a question.

I have some really nasty water spots on my windshield and Im going to try this, but I would like to reassurance on applying glass sealant. My process will be:

complete strip wash(Plan on polishing the car)

Clay the window

SHR or FMP mixed with revive

After these three steps how would I go about aplying glass sealant. Do I clean any polish off with DS then reclay the car? Or after misting the glass with DS to remove any polish, can I just go to the next step which would be glass cleaner then sealant?

After doing the polish on the glass, I use the glass cleaner, then apply the sealant. :cheers:

Archived