Customer Service 866.965.0400

Universal Pad Cleaning bucket

Corners

Question

Okay I am just a little confused here so hoping somebody can set me straight.

Having watched Adam's video's on how to clean a buffing pad - Get pad wet, spray with APC, scrub with fingers, rinse and then let air dry.

Okay if that's the way I'm suppose to do it I will. However on the Shop Online where it shows the UP Cleaning bucket, it states this:

"Universal Pad Washer by Grit Guard will wash & dry your machine polishing pads in less than 30 seconds so you never have to stop polishing because your pads are dirty!

Just one question - do I wring them out by hand and air dry them for another day or do I wash and dry and wait 30 seconds before using again? :confused::help: Tks for any information. :bow:

6 answers to this question

It doesn't dry your pads completely. It gets a majority of the water out so the dry quicker. My experience with it is something to invest in if you are detailing all day everyday. IMO its easier to clean three to five pads using the new brush dry, followed by APC and warm water until I see no more murkiness coming from the pads.

If you have your eye on a big ticket item...I think the Master Blaster is cooler than shoes with wheels in them!

With the universal pad washer, your not soaking the pad completly like you would if you washed them under the tap. With the universal pad washer, your only setting your pad in maybe 1/4" of water, meaning only 1/4" of your pad will get wet.

I like the universal pad washer, I have one myself.

Washing by hand is fine to, but lets say you only have one set of pads and your finishing up for the night and will continue the next day, more than likely your pads will still be wet. I have the old white flex pad still air drying and its been 2 days now.

It doesn't dry your pads completely. It gets a majority of the water out so the dry quicker. My experience with it is something to invest in if you are detailing all day everyday. IMO its easier to clean three to five pads using the new brush dry, followed by APC and warm water until I see no more murkiness coming from the pads.

If you have your eye on a big ticket item...I think the Master Blaster is cooler than shoes with wheels in them!

New brush dry? Sorry, but unless there is another name for that, I don't know what it is. :help:

Tks, but I bought the Master Baster the second it came out. Love it!!!!

Warm water? I posted earlier that I have always used hot water on all the things that need cleaned - except for the towels. But again, when you say "new brush dry," again I must have totally missed that. Thought I had just about every product Adam sells - or working on it. :thumbsup:

Tks Mook! :cheers:

With the universal pad washer, your not soaking the pad completly like you would if you washed them under the tap. With the universal pad washer, your only setting your pad in maybe 1/4" of water, meaning only 1/4" of your pad will get wet.

I like the universal pad washer, I have one myself.

Washing by hand is fine to, but lets say you only have one set of pads and your finishing up for the night and will continue the next day, more than likely your pads will still be wet. I have the old white flex pad still air drying and its been 2 days now.

Yea I make sure that the water level is exactly where it's suppose to be to ensure I don't completely soak the pad.

I've been using the UPW since I first found this site. However, I've yet to get a pad even close enough to being dry so I can use it the same day.

Yea I make sure that the water level is exactly where it's suppose to be to ensure I don't completely soak the pad.

I've been using the UPW since I first found this site. However, I've yet to get a pad even close enough to being dry so I can use it the same day.

You won't get it dry. Best thing to do is buy an extra set of pads. Its the best thing for a couple reasons

1) If you want to call it a night and continue the next day, you'll have a fresh set of pads to use.

2) If you ever drop one on the floor

3) When you get to about half way switch pads that way you keep the dusting to a very minimal!

I was halfway done my polishing last week and my pad went flying across the garage. Luckily I had another set.

You won't get it dry. Best thing to do is buy an extra set of pads. Its the best thing for a couple reasons

1) If you want to call it a night and continue the next day, you'll have a fresh set of pads to use.

2) If you ever drop one on the floor

3) When you get to about half way switch pads that way you keep the dusting to a very minimal!

I was halfway done my polishing last week and my pad went flying across the garage. Luckily I had another set.

I would have to go out to my shop and take a "head count" to find out exactly how many of the Gen 3 & the new pads I have and that's counting also, the 4" pads. I think I have about 15?? of the white pads. 4 - 5 of all of the other ones.