Customer Service 866.965.0400

Home Depot Scaffold

Corners

Well I bought a Scaffold that somebody on here recommended that they had at Home Depot. $107.95 but with my military discount - $96.00

Says on the box - "seconds" to put it together. So take 35 minutes and "you" figure out how many seconds that is. :lolsmack:

I would "not" recommend this to anybody. However I shall give it a try in a few days. :confused::(

Had to use foam that goes around pipes in order to keep it from hitting the truck. There is plenty of height to reach a roof while "leaning." :xfingers:

Standing in the bed of the truck is an easy way to get a good portion of the roof too :thumbsup:

Yea Bill that will indeed work - but the small strip of metal that is at the front of the bed - I have that covered in Line-X. It does give me a small area to stand on. Small meaning it's just not very wide. I can't stand with my toes pointing forward because I'll hit the back of the cab. It's also a good area to twist your ankle on if you are standing with feet pointing outward - towards the bed rails.

I'll give this new method a try in a day or so. However if I am not absolutely in a comfortable position it just seems to take away part of the enjoyment of detailing.

Then to add injust to injury, tomorrow I'm having 33" tires put on which will increase the "reach" a couple of inches more.

As we all know, each vehicle is so tall. If I could figure out a good way of manufacturing an aluminum scaffold with adjustable legs on it, that would be perfect. But we don't live in a perfect World. :(

I never liked scaffolds!

I just don't trust them

Have to agree. Their not my favorite toy to be playing with. IF I was 6'6" then perhaps I wouldn't have to fret over this.

I can do a hand wax by putting my feet onto the door sills but it's still not a very comfortable way of detailing. Do half of the roof at a time. However, even using that method, it doesn't allow me to have a thorough look at the progress or end results.

Quite awhile ago I knew a couple of detailers that would buff out a customers car but do the roof by hand. They told me that customers never look at the roof once they see how good the rest of the car came out. Sorry, I can't do business like that!

5 bucket washes on the Ram.....really Bill, :lolsmack: Love your fleet of Adam's products back there. very impressive.

Thanks John. :D One never knows when he might be asked to wash an 18 wheeler. :lolsmack: OR having to wash my 32' travel trailer.

Some of those "products back there" have never been used - mainly a lot of the towels. All of my bottle and can products are still sitting on the floor of my den, due to the night time temp's still going down into the 30's/40's and gettting frost warnings.

As you can see, I've added a few more products so I don't run out. :pc:

I know one is suppose to "turn" bottles of stored wine. However I shake the living heck out of everything I have at least every two weeks. I don't want to wreck the "purple juice." :)

Bill why didn't you just settle for a good 4 ft step ladder? The only concern/question I would have is how good woud those wheel locks hold up to years of use? It would be a huge bummer if you were on that thing and it started rolling somewhat because one of the wheel locks giving out, right into a customers door.

I wish I had even just half of that collection!

Savi: Give it time my Friend, give it time. It will happen but you better have a lot of good friends or a good reputation for detailing or else all those wonderful products will simply become useless due to time or temp's. :2thumbs::cheers:

5 bucket washes on the Ram.....really Bill, :lolsmack: Love your fleet of Adam's products back there. very impressive.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, you said "five" buckets. I could have sworn that I had six. Went to the shop to check and yep, only five out there. I think I've been robbed by a bucket thief. :help:

A quick P.S. Asked the wife if I had six buckets. Told her I only counted five in my shop. She took me by my hand, into the utility room and there 'she be - the sixth bucket. I had a couple of towels and some foam applicators that I forgot about. Whew, for a minute thought I had lost mah mind. :confused:

Good call on the padding.

Thanks Jackson. Wasn't a professional job of sticking it on but will have to do.

Am a little concerned about the thickness of the tape I used to hold the foam on. I know this scaffol isn't suppose to move once you lock all four wheels but there is just a minute amout of give to it. That's why I doubled the padding on the cross bars.

However, 'if' it moves while I'm on it, I'm hoping that the "Gorilla tape" I used won't scuff the paint.

If you haven't tried the Gorilla tape, ya gotta do it. That stuff, when I stuck it to the outside of my shop door a year ago, during the winter, due to wind blowing water through a crack, was so good that when I went to open the door (electric) it absolutely would not let the door go up. :lolsmack:

Archived