Customer Service 866.965.0400

Door trim: any hope for this?

Yellow_Glide

Question

For a couple of months been working on the Camaro and the finally decided to tackle the Suburban this weekend. This is my trouble spot: the door panel strips on the front / rear doors on both sides. It's been like this since I bought the vehicle 2 years ago - but I think it's been getting worse.

Was thinking of the Dawn wash, some IPA and a little work in one area with 4" pads and SSR. If worse comes to worse, there's always Plasti-Dip

Any other thoughts?

6 answers to this question

it looks like build up. this is the only place on the vehicle that has anything like this. I took these with my iPhone, will try to get a closer look with some pics tomorrow and a little APC..

Edited by Yellow_Glide

If it is buildup, All Purpose Cleaner should help you out big time. If it starts to come off but remains a bit stubborn, use a soft-bristled toothbrush to help loosen it.

If it's discoloration or stained, a polish will clear it up. You can use any polish you have - Severe Swirl Remover, Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, or Revive Polish. Just put a dab on a hand applicator and start rubbing.

If it's worn, it needs to be repainted.

Let me know how it works out for you.