Customer Service 866.965.0400

Linting start up out of nowhere

gymrat7953

Question

I had these towels for about a year. No Linting problem whatsoever - until now. On all 6 single soft and 3 dbl soft. I have not changed my washing nor drying procedures. Could it be the unbelievably hot humid Louisiana weather? Any ideas?

I rewashed all the micros by size - doubles together ,ditto singles ,air dried and blew off with master blaster before storing. I rinsed ,wiped and air dried the rubber maid container. I did 2 test spots- 1 the way I normally did and the other much less product. I let both set for the same amount of time. The heavy product did produce some lint; the lighter application did not. In SE Louisiana it has been in the mid 90s, very humid and a very high "heat index" of well over a 100 each day.

PS: I feel your pain. I didn't realize that it got that hot in "Yankee" land. I detail in the garage with a big wheel mounted fan blowing on me & the car. Firts thought was that I was blowing dust on the car but then realized that it was lint.

PS: I feel your pain. I didn't realize that it got that hot in "Yankee" land. I detail in the garage with a big wheel mounted fan blowing on me & the car. Firts thought was that I was blowing dust on the car but then realized that it was lint.

i literally did a 15+ full 2 day FLEX polish, then sealant and americana...

last weekend - literally the HEATWAVE's arrival! HHAH!

i knew i'd be up against it a tad.. honestly ... it wasnt as awful as i thought.

but i did notice the humidity challenges.. and thats the first time EVER my micros linted up and left "the trail" on my paint. but it worked out. i meticulously made sure i got it off. i still DO want new towels, though.

ive been faithfully using mine for some time now... so no complaints there!

And its nice to get new ones, while retiring the "old" ones to utility towels... which means SUPER nice towels for dirtier jobs...

:)

I've been caring for all my microfibers very carefully since they've arrived to me. Washing them with only similar towels i.e. singles, doubles, GWDT's in separate washes.

I finally broke down and bought some Microfiber Revitalizer and after a wash last week I finally used one of my single softs today and my entire TBSS is covered in very fine lint. Really dissapointed right now. Maybe boiling them will help a little, but it if the others do the same I have no choice but to start replacing my 20+ microfibers. That's going to hurt the bank account.

I've been caring for all my microfibers very carefully since they've arrived to me. Washing them with only similar towels i.e. singles, doubles, GWDT's in separate washes.

I finally broke down and bought some Microfiber Revitalizer and after a wash last week I finally used one of my single softs today and my entire TBSS is covered in very fine lint. Really dissapointed right now. Maybe boiling them will help a little, but it if the others do the same I have no choice but to start replacing my 20+ microfibers. That's going to hurt the bank account.

So are u saying that your towels linted after the mf revitalizer?

Tapa Mobile..

Not saying this is the reason right now. It's the only thing I've done differently on this cycle of washes. I know it's hot ans humid but I was out working on the SS at 7:00 this morning and the temp was about 75-80 degrees.

I just don't know what else could have caused this.

Not saying this is the reason right now. It's the only thing I've done differently on this cycle of washes. I know it's hot ans humid but I was out working on the SS at 7:00 this morning and the temp was about 75-80 degrees.

I just don't know what else could have caused this.

I can promise you it wasnt the MF revitalizer. I have no idea what causes them to start linting overnight but they do it with Tide, Woolite, MF revitalizer, you name it. The towels are not biased when it comes to linting...

Still have to test out my other towels and I want to do it while working on my black paint to see it. It's just too hot out right now to be messing with it. I'll bust out some other towels later tonight.

I'm really happy I found this thread, as I'm having the exact same problem. When I tried removing a coat of Machine Super Sealant several weeks ago, and a coat of Quick Sealant last week my towels linted like crazy. I completely understand the OP's frustration. I did the rinse > 2 bucket wash > rinse > clay bar > 2 bucket wash > dry > quick sealant and it was very frustrating to get tons of lint on my black car during that final step. The lint was very difficult to remove, I might add - I ended up using a waterless wash towel and detail spray.

I contacted Dylan and Ashley and was advised to boil the towels, which I did but I haven't had a chance to use them yet - I hope to do a big polishing session in the next two weeks.

I have had to replace my washer with a High Efficiency Steam Washer which I have no clue how to use with my microfibers (4 double soft, 4 single soft). Can anyone help with this? Should I stick with a cold wash with Dreft, followed by tumble dry on low or should I try to take advantage of the steam features and use warmer wash temperatures?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chad