Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waxing in very high humidity?

UberDuper

Question

I'm only about a third done putting some americana on an explorer. I had to stop because it was too hot and was a real pain to remove. And I was dying. Was about 104F earlier.

Well it's now 78F and about to rain. 91% humidity. Should I go ahead and try to finish the job? In the garage, of course.

Thanks.

I put this in the wrong forum. :(

Edited by UberDuper

4 answers to this question

If your in the shade and it's too hard to get off then you're using a bit too much product. With Americana the thinner the better.

I just finish a wash, clay, and wax (with Americana) on a Jeep Compass. It was around 95 and sprinkling rain here. So, close to the same conditions.

If you new to call me.

Hope this helps.

I would definitely drink a bunch of water and go ahead and finish putting on the APW so the Explorer has a complete layer of protection. Remember to use thin coats. Unless you've already applied some MSS or QS. That will at least hold you over with the rain.

I would definitely drink a bunch of water and go ahead and finish putting on the APW so the Explorer has a complete layer of protection. Remember to use thin coats. Unless you've already applied some MSS or QS. That will at least hold you over with the rain.

Good point. Drink lots of water.

I'll get back on it when the rain lets up. It's pouring out right now. The explorer barely fits in the garage. Maybe 6" to spare so I have to open it up to get around it.

As for the thick wax, it could just be the poor lighting but the applicator seems to run dry pretty quickly. Goes from thick to not putting anything on the paint in just a few strokes it seems. Maybe it was just the heat? Was doing it in the garage but it was still > 100F in there.