Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is this stuff?

DrSnagy

Question

Has anyone experienced these yellow lines of little tiny dots on their car? They are hard to get off and seem to leave a stain on my black paint. Its driving me crazy!! I'm assuming its some type of pollen, but does anyone know exactly what it is?

yellowdots3.jpgyellowdots1.jpgyellowdots2.jpg

10 answers to this question

Has anyone experienced these yellow lines of little tiny dots on their car? They are hard to get off and seem to leave a stain on my black paint. Its driving me crazy!! I'm assuming its some type of pollen, but does anyone know exactly what it is?

yellowdots3.jpgyellowdots1.jpgyellowdots2.jpg

Do you have boxelder bugs at your place?

I don't believe so. I'm currently living in an apartment complex as I moved for a new job, so I can't be sure. I can't wait to buy a place so I can have a garage!! A typical wash will take the little yellow dots off, but you can see a slight stain where they were. What do you suggest I try to get that off? Maybe some Revive?

I don't believe so. I'm currently living in an apartment complex as I moved for a new job, so I can't be sure. I can't wait to buy a place so I can have a garage!! A typical wash will take the little yellow dots off, but you can see a slight stain where they were. What do you suggest I try to get that off? Maybe some Revive?

Claying liked mentioned before may work but that would mean your stripping all the protection. If it were me I would just go over the spots with a wax. Do you have sealant on the car? Detail spray could perhaps clean them up. At my place the boxelders leave those little yellow eggs everywhere :mad: they really like white for some reason too.

I get this too! Mostly on my glass, but sometimes on the paint & the I use Detail Spray. Since my car is silver I haven't noticed any marring of the paint.

I guess this is just another price of you having that beautiful black paint !

I get these here on my car too... Only when it's STUPID hot. They DO etch the paint as my hood is etched to heck! I think it's sap, but I'm not sure. Mine gets it at work, but there are no trees within 100 feet of it. There really are NO bugs to speak of either, and the stuff is pretty hard like sap.

Chris