Customer Service 866.965.0400

Utility Towel Comparison

ranmac

Question

Just looking at the pictures is the utility towel...similar to the Corbra Indigo towels? If so I have used those on paint with not scratching problems at all..

Never thought about using them as a utility towel... I might consider that... and possibly order some single soft for polish removal... I do like the idea of all white towels...

How many single softs would you recommend starting with.. I'm thinking 6 to 8... and possible a couple double soft (to detail single car)..

Can the whites be washed with the water less wash blue towels without any bleeding... Any reason a great white, waterless wash and single/double soft couldn't be washed together... Should towels with wax/sealant be washed separate from drying towels (seem to be mixed thoughts on that).. I would mainly be concerned about any bleeding and/or contamination due to the wax/sealant..

8 answers to this question

No I have not tried the revitalizer... I just presoak in a utility sink with AP if needed and wash normally in front loader with non-allergan liquid... If they have dried sealer or other non- water soluable stuff I might hit them with pad cleaner... The towels seem to have a "cling" to them so I thing they are coming out fairly clean...

I am thinking of moving my indigos over to my interior stack and getting some single softs to replace... i have about 2 dozen indigoes... can i get by a detail with 6-8 single softs?

I have been using a shot of pad cleaner on anything water in-soluable and then washing seperate... I think what you are saying is revitalizer takes care of what I use pad washer stuff on is that correct?... and then if I do that... I could combine wax-sealant towels with water soluable polish towels and cross contamination should not be any problem...

Just looking at the pictures is the utility towel...similar to the Corbra Indigo towels? If so I have used those on paint with not scratching problems at all..

These are different from other 'black' towels, and better IMO. There is no 'fluff' to these towels, more like a waffle-weave drying towel than a polishing towel, but a different weave. They have a very tight weave that does not bunch up as much the 'fluffy' black towels, which is why I like them better than other utility towels I have.

Can the whites be washed with the water less wash blue towels without any bleeding... Any reason a great white, waterless wash and single/double soft couldn't be washed together... Should towels with wax/sealant be washed separate from drying towels (seem to be mixed thoughts on that).. I would mainly be concerned about any bleeding and/or contamination due to the wax/sealant..

You can wash any of the non-utility towels together, some split them up further. For me, I wash all the 'washing towels' (GWDT, WW, and Glass towels) together, the polish & wax/sealant towels together, and work towels together.

No I have not tried the revitalizer... I just presoak in a utility sink with AP if needed and wash normally in front loader with non-allergan liquid... If they have dried sealer or other non- water soluable stuff I might hit them with pad cleaner... The towels seem to have a "cling" to them so I thing they are coming out fairly clean...

I am thinking of moving my indigos over to my interior stack and getting some single softs to replace... i have about 2 dozen indigoes... can i get by a detail with 6-8 single softs?

I have been using a shot of pad cleaner on anything water in-soluable and then washing seperate... I think what you are saying is revitalizer takes care of what I use pad washer stuff on is that correct?... and then if I do that... I could combine wax-sealant towels with water soluable polish towels and cross contamination should not be any problem...

Yes the revitalizer would be used in place of whatever brand of pad cleaner your using but it can also be used for detergent, it works really good :patriot:

The new Edgeless Utility Towels are grey in color, in case anyone missed it. Also, they do not bleed, as that was the reason for the change.

I can't comment on another brand's towels, I don't know where they come from, and frankly because if they come from China, I won't even pick them up. That's not be bashing anything, rather sticking to my convictions.

The new Edgeless Towels are slightly thicker, and are a woven towel. Our Microfiber Brightener and Revitalizer is the bee's knees when it comes to keeping your towels clean!

Mook

The indigos were supposed to be some very good towels. Unfortunately they went hot wire cut and were then discontinued. I was never fortunate enough to own one (or use one).

The Adams grey towels are actually very nice. Not sure if they are similar to those as a suitable replacment. I fairly confidentthey could be used on paint.

Just for referencce, here are pics of the towels next to the ultimate wipes. (camera bettery died after 2 pics)

pic2sr.jpg

pic1hf.jpg

The grey towels seem to be thicker and more refined than the ultimates. Also, even though they have some "barnacles" on one end, they aren't as bad as the ultimates. The weave seems a bit tighter as well.

Both towels have been hand washed, rinsed in distilled water and hung dry.

Edited by jimboman

I don't separate whites from blues, (and I still have a bunch of old doublesoft blues) but I do wash the utility towels separately (due to the gunk that gets on them, esp. metal polish). Haven't tried out the revitalizer yet, but soon... :)