Customer Service 866.965.0400

Camera Question

ChargerMatt

Hey guys,

I been collecting my rewards on my credit card for a while and I have quite a bit saved up.

Does anyone know if this camera is good or worth it?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Stabilized-Wide-Angle-Recording/dp/B0075SUG8Q]Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot A3400 IS 16.0 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens with 720p HD Video Recording and 3.0-Inch Touch Panel LCD (Black): Camera & Photo[/ame]

If not, what should I look for when selecting one? There are many to choose from.

Edited by ChargerMatt

My wife has both a Canon and Nikon. The Canon was the first purchase and she was not satisfied with what she was trying to get out of it since she is an artist/photographer.

So we got her a Nikon D5100 and an extra lense for it. She is extremely happy with it and I use it on all my vehicles I detail.

I'm not saying Canon isn't a good camera. In fact I know almost nothing about them except point and shoot. Just wanted to share our experience with them.

I know MAYBEN has some better knowledge on cameras than myself.

Good luck.

What I like most about my point-and-shoot is the wide angle AND the zoom. Try to get AT LEAST 10x OPTICAL zoom. Digital zoom is useless, and the incredible zoom capabilities in these small package cameras these days is unbelievable. It's easy on Amazon to sort by price first, then by optical zoom. I've had and still own several Sony cameras and although you have to deal with proprietary everything (batteries, cables, memory cards) they are awesome quality and take great pictures.

What I like most about my point-and-shoot is the wide angle AND the zoom. Try to get AT LEAST 10x OPTICAL zoom. Digital zoom is useless, and the incredible zoom capabilities in these small package cameras these days is unbelievable. It's easy on Amazon to sort by price first, then by optical zoom. I've had and still own several Sony cameras and although you have to deal with proprietary everything (batteries, cables, memory cards) they are awesome quality and take great pictures.

Well I have a limited but wide variety with my discover rewards. I have about 120 bucks on there and that can buy a pretty decent camera. So I'm going to buy one of the ones on there, that's why I ask for what to look for.

But 10x optical zoom... what about video recording or megapixels?

Well I have a limited but wide variety with my discover rewards. I have about 120 bucks on there and that can buy a pretty decent camera. So I'm going to buy one of the ones on there, that's why I ask for what to look for.

But 10x optical zoom... what about video recording or megapixels?

Most modern point-and-shoots have at least 720p HD video, and I wouldn't go below 16MP.

This one for example has all that for $129:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B005IGVXRU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347734517&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Nikon COOLPIX S6200 16 MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens and HD 720p Video (Black): Electronics[/ame]

I may actually be in the market for a new point n shoot for the Wifey..

I know MAYBEN has some better knowledge on cameras than myself.

I'm learning, lol.. I can take some pretty decent shots if I may say so myself..