Customer Service 866.965.0400

Road Trip Protection!

Kustom_FX

Question

Alright, so I am looking for at a new to me vehicle in AZ. I live in OH so the issue is, how to protect the front end for the 2100 mile journey. I have seen a full front wrap with painters tape, among other things. I will not be doing a 3M wrap till I get home, and have repaired any existing chips, but like I said I do not want to add more.

Also since I'm flying, and its a carry on thing I can not take anything Adam's aside from Micro Fiber. I have already looked and their are no dealers near where I'm going either. My best bet is when I make my first stop at a buddy's place in Amarillo, but that's still 10-11 hours into the drive.

So my fellow shine junkies, options? Thoughts? Opinions? I do not want to ship it as I'm using the return trip as a mini vacation to see some friends.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Have you thought about asking the current owner or dealership to see if you can ship something to them so it will be there when you arrive? Then look up the nearest coin op wash in the area to wash and put on a couple applications of QS?

Besides the 3M painters tape I can't think of anything esle right now that you could be used.

Unless you bring a whole bunch of Double Soft Mircofibers and tape them all along the front clip! :D

As I'm sure its all slicked & swirled up with dealer "detailing" I will forgo the application of QS till I get it home.. If this even happens, yea the more I research the more the painters tape seems to be the trick, but I wanted to throw it out to you all first.