Customer Service 866.965.0400

Grout Sponges and Boar's Hair Brushes

mikegeaney

Question

I have heard several good things about grout sponges being used in the wash process. Does anyone here have any experience using those, and if so can you post up your opinion/experience? My washing technique has progressed from "big sponges" to a microfiber wash mitt and most recently to the Adam's wash pad. I've only used the Adam's wash pad once, but I was quite nice.

Are any of you using Boar's Hair brushes? If so, what specifically do you use them for? I got a wheel/spoke brush for X-mas, looks like an elongated toilet brush, that is not boar's hair. I was amazed at how much better my wheels looked by cleaning out the area behind the face of the rim/spokes. The boar's hair brushes are certainly not cheap....just wondering if they hold up well over time, are worth the $, and where they fit into the detail routine.

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

I have never tried a grout sponge and really don't see the need for one in my lineup. But I have heard others say good things about them.

And I think the boars hair brush is great, extremely gentle on the rims but the hairs are long enough to get in around the lugs and deeper into the rim especially good if you have any type of slotted rims. I can't speak to it's longevity cause i just got it last year but if my Dane has anything to say about it the brush won't be around long, he really wants that thing !!!!

I've got a boars hair brush that was my grand mothers. It has to be 30+ years old.

I think it's been used for everything, but detailing. Now I have it and it still works great for those dirty rims and wheel wells. :thumbsup:

Of course everyone knows they don't make em like they used to, so your results may vary...:willy: