Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Products with Karcher or Kranzle Pressure Washer?

JBlack151

Question

Getting ready to purchase some more equipment in the winter to use with my Adam's products moving forward into next season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some big moves next year. :xfingers:

So does anyone have any experience with either one of these pressure washers and can tell me how they like them? There is a big difference in price, so I want to make sure I don't hear the old "You Get What You Pay For" story later if I try to save a some bucks.

I've heard nothing but good things when it comes to the Karcher X-Series line up. So this is one that I was looking at.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Karcher-X-Series-2000-PSI-Electric-Pressure/dp/B004P5POKM/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1352146830&sr=1-1&keywords=Karcher+x+series+pressure+washer]Karcher K 5.540 X-Series 2000-PSI 1.4-GPM Electric Pressure Washer with 25-Foot Hose and Hose Reel [/ame]

Otherwise I have no problem paying for the Kranzie and would also support Phil over at Detailers Domain with that purchase.

Kranzle K 1120T Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer

Thanks in advance! :2thumbs:

8 answers to this question

i used to own the Karcher K5.740. its a really good electric washer; not really sure the difference in it and the 540 model. they're probably the most reliable consumer grade ones on the market since the motor is water-cooled. only reason i sold it, is i'm going to be getting a gas powered pressure washer so i can use it around the house and get higher pressures for those tougher jobs.

the Kranzle is "prosumer" grade washer, meaning it has a higher quality pump or motor. and it has a higher flow rate.

FWIW, pressurewashersdirect.com rates all the washers they sell by "cleaning units" which is the max pressure x flow rate. the karcher is 2800 and the kranzle is 2940... is the extra $600 worth that to you?

I agree on the comparison of the specs vs the price. I would love to just gran the Karcher and be done with it. But I just hate it when I choose the cheaper model and kick myself for it later. That's why I figured I would ask around for others thoughts on these models before I pull the trigger in a couple months. Thanks for that website Ryan. I came across it the other day and forgot to check it out. :thumbsup:

I got the Kranzle because I wanted to get a quality unit that was designed to last. From all the reviews, if I ended up purchasing to Karchers, I could have got a Kranzle (my rationalization).

It is designed to last and if you have a problem it can be repaired. You get a lot more with the added cost but just depends if you want to buy the best:

Adjustable pressure, real pressure guage, heavy duty cord, robust connections (brass), GFCI cord. It weights a lot more since due to the castings and brass.

IMG_1104-1-L.jpg

IMG_1106-2-L.jpg

Thanks for the info Al. Are you happy with the performance as well?

I like it a lot.

I use it for more non-detailing work than I do detailing. I have a gas pressure washer (3gpm,2200psi) tii but I did not like the noise (always on even when no spraying) and dealing with gas machines (oil, gas, seasonal prep). The ergonomics were weak (just a pump on a stand). I gave up portability (use anywhere, no need for electricity).

For cleaning a car, the 2000 psi is more than enough. It can do damage even with the spray wand if you got it too close to the paint. I had used (borrowed) a karcher K2 and it developed a leak (some plastic fitting cracked) so I was choosing between the high end Kranzle vs the Karcher. I also like having the hose reel integrated (adds a lot of weight) and the cord.

It is pricey but an investment.

yeah, thats a pretty slick unit! servicability and reliability is worth the added cost. the Karcher isn't servicable, although i never had any problems with mine they do have a good warranty program.

on the kranzle, is it top heavy with the hose reel up top? the karcher is and i've read reviews of people breaking the garden hose connection because they were careless and it tipped over. i was always careful unwinding the hose from mine.

I've seen some videos of them in action and it actually operates on its back so it will have no issues with tipping. :banana:

Yes, the manual clearly states it must be operated on its back if for anything since it is heavy (over 60 lbs). The feature that the line cord wraps around doubles as the base when on its back.