Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Website for My Business

bertaman1000

Question

Hello Adams Family! I just received my first order of products from Adams today, and I can not wait to use them! Some of you may have stumbled across my first thread I created yesterday and if you did, you know I am starting my own detailing service. With that said, I'm coming to y'all once again to seek any critiquing I can get from people who know what they're talking about! I want ya'll to check out my site and tell me what you think and/or if I should change some things. Any advice is appreciated. My website is robertsautodetailing.com

15 answers to this question

Be very careful with the drop-off service. That is technically not covered under your personal auto insurance policy, well that, and you might want to limit the radius or you could be looking at spending too much in time and gas.

Is your $35 for the polishing per hour?

Be very careful with the drop-off service. That is technically not covered under your personal auto insurance policy, well that, and you might want to limit the radius or you could be looking at spending too much in time and gas.

Is your $35 for the polishing per hour?

No sir, it's a flat rate for the polish. For a thin coat of the SHR, then RP, then wax (technically not polish but I counted it as a step in the "3-stage" to make it sound better), I figured I could do in about an hour and a half. And as for the "drop-off service" it's a Courtesy Service in which the owner leaves his vehicle with me, and I take them to where they need to go in my personal car, and then they are responsible for making arrangements to pick their vehicle up.

Edited by bertaman1000

What type of liability insurance do you have? Does it cover you transporting customers? When does the time start, when they drop opff the car or when you return from dropping them off?

One accident could affect you financially for the rest of your life and shut your business down.

Talk to several agents and get some coverage suggestions and some pricing. This might cause you to raise your prices.

Good luck.

A few things to consider in your pricing

Size variaiton of vehicles from a prius to a 3500 crew cab chevy dually

conditions of vehicles

try a package for motorcycles

Please take a long consideration into your profit versus cost. You have to consider materials, product usage, and of course time. At your cost of 85$ for a complete detail involving clay and wax and interior trim and exterior trim right there your wasting at least half your "PROFIT" on product not including your time. Peice of clay, probably 1 bottle if not more of detail spray, vrt, interior conditioner and cleaner not to mention pads and applicators.

Just trying to be straight forward with you.

As a mobile detailer myself, i agree with the pricing variations for the size and i'd seriously reconsider the inter. & full detail prices....assuming 15 cars for clay bar and 6-8 oz (usual touch up for my regular 2-3 wk clients) of ds and everything else and buttery you are losing $40-60 per car what is your hourly rate (i personally start at $20/hr - touch up and minor corrections. Full corrections and show jobs up to $30 /hr)

Just another detailer helping others like so many have done for me.... First Class Mobile Shine

For a complete detail can take me 2-3 days with paint correction and my price starts at $300 depends on car size and how bad interior is. I have a drop and I have a pick and drop off service but I'm fully insured to do this. I have a flats rate for everything depends on car size and I never quote interior until I see it cause I have gotten burned in the past.