Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing plexi glass

tony.steve

Question

At work we have a display case for our camera lenses that over time has became incredibly swirled and hazy. My manager has given me the green light to try to polish it out. Just wondering if any of you have experience with polishing anything like this. I have a porter cable with all the Adams pads and polishes even the 3" pads.

IMG_20130107_050609_806.jpg

Not looking for perfection because it obviously isn't going to happen. Just improvement. To order a new one of these tops is expensive.

Thanks for any advice.

6 answers to this question

I wouldn't touch that with a PC I asked a similar question on another forum and you will need a direct drive buffer and a bunch of experience to not ruin the plexi glass the heat build up and hazing will be your biggest issue

I wouldn't touch that with a PC I asked a similar question on another forum and you will need a direct drive buffer and a bunch of experience to not ruin the plexi glass the heat build up and hazing will be your biggest issue

Yeah that's kind of what I was afraid of. Figured I would try the focus pad system on a small corner. But might be thinking about just ordering one now.

I polished out my dads windshield on his harley with no issues. I hit it with the focus pads 2 step SHR and FMP now its not perfect but its much better than it was and thats what I would recommend personally. Dont hit it hard and long but just keep it moving to keep heat down and you may be surprised with the results