Customer Service 866.965.0400

Socks

LFairbanks

• 1 month later...
I wear cowboy boot and will these be able to stay up and not be to thick.

Which sock were you looking at specifically? I don't wear cowboy boots, so I really don't know how high you would want them. Here is what I wear, and they go 7 inches down from the top of my knee cap. And I wear a large. FITS Light Hiker Crew Notice in the details that it says this specifically "Double-welted top so the sock always stays up and doesn’t bind or slip. " And I don't have any problem whatsoever with them slouching down. For a cowboy boot you may want something like this. FITS Liner Over The Calf And it says the same thing in the details. "Double-welted top so the sock always stays up and doesn’t bind or slip. " As far as thickness goes I would say they are just right. Not too thick and not too thin. Copied this from the description of the above sock. "Get Your FITS®...and start on the right foot!

When it’s cold…I mean really cold, nothing provides that extra layer of warmth like the over-the-calf Liner sock. This ultra-thin sock is made of Extra-Fine Merino Wool that won’t slip, slide, or bunch. Warm feet and no bulk? Believe it! Look in the Hunting/Sporting section. And if you need to contact them here is a link with their information. Contact Hope that helps.

Looks like Satels is a retailer near Helotes, Texas. Not sure what they have for selection, but I'am sure that they would have enough for you to get on idea on what they are.

Satel's

5100 Broadway Street

San Antonio, TX 78209

(210) 822-3376

Like I mentioned before I have the light hiker crew and love the sock. Definitely not a thick sock, and fit like a glove. As far as trying to communicate thickness over the internet, I would say they are no more thicker than a regular white tube sock. But the quality is by far different. The name Fits is definitely a fitting name for the socks. By far the best I have ever tried.

• 2 months later...

A couple other US sock companies that we found this week are:

http://www.darntough.com/ - made in VT with lifetime guarantee

http://www.wigwam.com/aboutus.aspx - made in WI

Just bought a pair of the Wigwam Merino Comfort Hiker and used them one day, really like them so far. Good wicking and no tendency to slide down. One day isn't much experience ...

Does anyone have long term use experience with the Wigwam or Darn Tough?

Chris, are the FITS the sock you used on your recent hike?

I am a big fan of Thorlo socks.  Just checked their website - https://www.thorlo.com/, and they display the "Proudly Made in the USA" logo.  They are made in Statesboro, NC.  I have about 8-10 pairs of different styles, and they are fantastically comfortable and last forever.  I do not wear them everyday, but several of the 'light hikers' I own are 15 years old.   

I am a big fan of Thorlo socks.  Just checked their website - https://www.thorlo.com/, and they display the "Proudly Made in the USA" logo.  They are made in Statesboro, NC.  I have about 8-10 pairs of different styles, and they are fantastically comfortable and last forever.  I do not wear them everyday, but several of the 'light hikers' I own are 15 years old.   

• 2 weeks later...

I've been buying Made in USA New Balance socks as I see them.. BJ's usually has them...  

I did notice recently that they now have no-show NB socks there, but they had soy sauce on them..

• 6 months later...