Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need advice on polishing the lip on my wheels!

Snowboard07

Question

Hey Guys, I have a few questions that maybe you guys can help me out with. I have some privat wheels on my subaru with I believe is a clear coated polished lip. My question is what would you guys reccomend for the best possible shine. I am at school now so can't upload any pictures but I will as soon as I get home. My goal is just to get the best possible shine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 answers to this question

There's a Adams video on this!

Once wheels are perfectly cleaned & dry.

1. spray Adams quick sealant.(open area)

2. wait about an hour or longer then apply a coat of car paint polish.

3. apply americana wax....one or two coats.

Edit...oops.gif....to be specific, I meant to say Adams Brilliant Glaze instead of polish. BTW according to Adams video.... you always apply the Brilliant Glaze first than the Americana wax for the paint protection & now since were talkin' about wheels.....applying Americana wax... it helps by getting less brake dust build-up too!

I'll still stand by my opinion on using quick sealant first!

Edited by sluggoZ

There's a Adams video on this!

Once wheels are perfectly cleaned & dry.

1. spray Adams quick sealant.(open area)

2. wait about an hour or longer then apply a coat of car paint polish.

3. apply americana wax....one or two coats.

You shouldn't use sealant before the polish. Otherwise the polish will just be applied on top of the sealant after it's cured instead of polishing the clear on the rims directly to remove the imperfections. Sealants need to be applied to bare surfaces.

I would first supply a picture of the mentioned wheels to confirm, however you can generally use the same process/products you'd use on the rest of the paint. Start by cleaning your wheels then claying. Once they're decontaminated proceed to the polish to remove imperfections. Once completed seal to protect with Quick Sealant to keep your work lasting.

Depending on the size of the lip 4" Focus Pads with a drill could work to achieve the best results. The picture of your wheels will help with all of this. :2thumbs: