Customer Service 866.965.0400

Streaked and Hazed After Glass Sealant

myb5blue

Question

HAAAALLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!! I sealed my windshield with the glass sealant last week - yes after claying and washing the glass with glass cleaner and When I pulled the car out of the garage today, I could see the glass in the sun is streaked and hazed! I tried misting and polishing with the cleaner but no difference! On the bright side, it looks fine from inside the car but not sure how it's going to be when light strikes it from different angles and at night.

19 answers to this question

Did you by chance apply it in the sun?

I've never had this problem, but I've always made sure the glass is cool to the touch and I let the sealant haze for about 5 minutes, then go right over it with the glass cleaner in a cross hatch pattern.

there was some sun - last Saturday was pretty much overcast when I applied it as I remember. Did the cross hatch application and clean/polish.

It could be I didn't wait long enough to allow it to fully haze before removing. Would APC strip the sealant so that I can re-apply?

Edited by myb5blue

there was some sun - last Saturday was pretty much overcast when I applied it as I remember. Did the cross hatch application and clean/polish

How long did you let it set?

When I go over with glass cleaner, I usually do 2 applications, liberally, to make sure I get all the residue off the glass.

I would not use APC on the inside glass, way too much to risk and if any sits on your dash pad you will see spots on them. APC is a GREAT cleaner but too much cleaner for this situation. Use some glass cleaner and keep going to work on it IMO.

I just used their sealant for the first time a week ago and didn't have this issue. I let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then sprayed it with glass cleaner, primed the towel and buffed it out. Came out perfect, except a few spots I missed towards the edge that I noticed an hour later. Misted it with glass cleaner and it came right off, so it seems odd that you can't get the streaks out.

I would imagine some all purpose cleaner would clear it right up.

I've found the glass sealant to be pesky when it comes to removing the residue. It is very very easy to miss whole spots, and you will end up with blotches unless you take your time and look at the glass from every possible angle. Try glass cleaner and a waffle towel. Do not oversaturate the towel, light misting works better.

I've found the glass sealant to be pesky when it comes to removing the residue. It is very very easy to miss whole spots, and you will end up with blotches unless you take your time and look at the glass from every possible angle. Try glass cleaner and a waffle towel. Do not oversaturate the towel, light misting works better.

Thanks Gerry, I'll give it a go today. Were you able to find time to detail your G8?

I actually had the same issue last week when i applied glass sealant to my ss which was weird have used the glass sealant since it came out and never an issue. Ended up washig the truck over the weekend and was able to get rid of the haze. Does anyone know if glass sealant has a shelf life? have had mine for quite awhile now and dont use it very often

Joe

Thanks for all the help guys! I hit it good today (light mist of the glass cleaner) and spent the majority of time buffing and polishing with the glass cloth. looks like the haze is gone.