Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spring Time Cleaning got me all "buttered" up

fortplainman

So I FINALLY get around to getting the truck all cleaned up and put the summer wheels/tires on. was a beautiful day yesterday in the mid 70's and sunny. even got sunburn on my head!

so i dusted off the old adams shirt of course lol and i went home to see my dad had already cleaned the cadillac ats up, that glacier blue metallic really pops. truck was very dirty from the winter with road rash, tar, you name it.

The paint isnt too bad(i have a pic from after the wash), a little tiny spots, swirls, water spots(clay took that off no problem) nothing the PC couldnt handle ill just have to figure out how much with what compound to use. I will do that the end of july before the truck show.

only thing left after yesterday is to do the interior(waiting on the cleaner to show up) and the exhaust tips with metal polish and and some quick sealant.

i was gona get a couple touch ups to it today and clean the tips, but i woke up this morning and its raining! i cant win:explode:

so here is what was done to my truck:

-cleaned the winter wheels/tires with APC and GWC foam sprayers

-2 bucket adams wash with car shampoo with a bit of APC using a jumbo for the top and small for the bottom.

-took the big drying towel to wipe the water off

-cleaned up the summer wheels with WW and coated with QS and Americana with tires dress with a light coating of SVRT

-clayed the truck using detail spray

-used In&Out on the truck plastics

-glass cleaner on the glass

-coating of buttery wax on the paint.

here is the caddy:

2013-04-28_13-06-32_525_zpsdf7e1077.jpg

good bye winter setup(washed it at this point only):

2013-04-28_13-06-45_169_zps2bedd91d.jpg

the paint on the hood after washing with shampoo/APC in the bucket:

2013-04-28_12-56-03_217_zps7e8c62e2.jpg

i did have a problem with an americana applicator pad though, some spots were on it in the pores of the pad and was very dusty. the last time i used it (and i cleaned it like normal using APC) was on the winter wheels putting quick sealant and americana on. anyone have this happen to them?:

2013-04-28_14-01-08_154_zps0090f2fd.jpg

and the clean up pics(sun went away of course lol):

2013-04-28_17-39-31_68_zps9c71a785.jpg

2013-04-28_17-39-43_638_zps7ad7471f.jpg

2013-04-28_17-40-07_354_zps86e05b86.jpg

2013-04-28_17-40-43_965_zpsc4f1d3b9.jpg

my parents love the thing. my dad is the northeast regional product trainer for cadillac. its got the 2.0 turbo and that is a load of fun. turbo runs outta steam a bit before the redline but it is a little nimble car. gets decent gas mileage and overall quality is nice.

another day of rain and cringing at the road grit on it already haha. why i lifted a truck and put on big mud tires to drive the roads and want to keep the paint clean i dont know i guess i wanted to make opposites work :lol:

yup it never fails :lol:

ill do a test spot in a few months to see how much it will take because really the whole truck id say is similar in a way. maybe ill do one panel at a time and not try to do the whole truck in a day...dont wanna go through 18 hours solid again and either does my dad lending me a hand haha.

Haha. I was glad when i did a full correction in 1 day taking a good 18 hours plus the night before it wouldnt rain on the 4.5 hour trip to carlisle and I was lucky. I think the only time I wanted it NOT to rain it didnt.

Oh and Pollen season is in full tilt. My truck is now yellow.