Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from Boston

PD2013

Just purchased a new car (daily driver SUV) and decided to do some research and upgrade from the car care stuff you find at an auto body shop - and find what people that really care buy.

So far, the Adams bug has already bitten me pretty hard. In less than a month I have purchased:

-Detail Spray (36 oz and gallon refill)

-Leather Cleaning Kit

-Invisible Undercarriage Spray

-Glass Cleaning kit

-Waterless Wash

-White Drying Towel and 2X Detailing Towels

-All Purpose Cleaner

I have two questions, not sure if this is the best place to ask them:

1) Is it a good idea to buy stuff like the VRT Tire and Wheel Dressing with Dressing Blocks and In and Out Spray now - or could I just keep up with keeping these parts of the truck looking good from the start - and add these kind of things later?

2) Is the Deep Wheel Cleaner necessary on a new vehicle - or will All Purpose Cleaner and some wheelies do the trick?

Thanks for your time.

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul.

1. I would pick up the SVRT and In & Out Spray for you rubber and trim regardless if it's a new vehicle. This way you keep everything protected now instead of waiting for them to get worn and faded later and will require extra effort to revitalize them. Applying them now will make it better than new. Plus you're going to want SVRT for your tires.

2. The Deep Wheel Cleaner is an excellent product to have for your wheels. It cuts thru heavy grime and brake dust contaminants with ease. If you don't feel the need for an aggressive product like Deep Wheel Cleaner than grab some Green Wheel Cleaner. Also, the Boars Hair Wheel Brush and Wheel Woolies are a must have for either of those wheel cleaning products when working on your wheels.

All Purpose Cleaner is a product focused more towards cleaning you tires amongst other things (not wheels) while using the two said products above for your wheels. Since APC is a powerful product it's better to avoid using it on delicate areas such as your paint and rim surfaces unless it's absolutely needed. APC is also a great product to clean up your fender wells as well to insure a nice clean surface to apply Invisible Undercarriage Spray to them.

Again, welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any and every question you have on your mind. Go thru the forum categories and you may find the answers with in other specific threads already created.

This is a great place with awesome Adam's team members and forum members to go with the amazing products in the Adam's Polishes lineup.

I think if you don't buy SVRT and In & Out Spray you are cheating yourself, they are GREAT products. As far as the DWC I guess it depends on the car & how much brake dust your brakes make. For a while you may just need Adam's Shampoo to keep your wheels looking good.

Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing

Adam's In and Out Spray

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo

Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush

Thanks very much for the warm welcome.

John - quick follow up

Does using SVRT on the tires return a matte finish or glossy look? I am hoping to keep the tires clean, but prefer a matte finish.

Is the best application device a package of block dressing applicators, or is it worth it to buy some tire dressing applicators as well?

Thanks again to all - glad to be here and learn more about keeping my car looking great and lasing a long time

Thanks very much for the warm welcome.

John - quick follow up

Does using SVRT on the tires return a matte finish or glossy look? I am hoping to keep the tires clean, but prefer a matte finish.

Is the best application device a package of block dressing applicators, or is it worth it to buy some tire dressing applicators as well?

Thanks again to all - glad to be here and learn more about keeping my car looking great and lasing a long time

Welcome to the site!

SVRT will give you a mostly matte finish, will make the tire look new, with very slight shine. I like the tire dressing applicators, only because its easier to hold and work with. But the block applicators certainly do the job. You can cut those in half too, it makes it a little easier to work with.

Welcome to the site!

SVRT will give you a mostly matte finish, will make the tire look new, with very slight shine. I like the tire dressing applicators, only because its easier to hold and work with. But the block applicators certainly do the job. You can cut those in half too, it makes it a little easier to work with.

^^^ And there it is! I agree 110% :thumbsup: