Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash question - swirls...help

Schwag one

Question

Advance/guidance needed... So today it was a blazing 85+ degrees here in grand ol' Iowa. I decided once my wife brought my daughter home, my daughter and I would clean the Tahoe and SRT. Don't worry, our 3 year old cleans the tires and wheel after I do them while she really only wants to help to get sprayed with the hose and chase our dog in the front yard...she doesn't touch the paint! A little back story, we bought the Tahoe used and the paint was in great shape no scratches or swirls. Anyway...the Tahoe is black and obviously swirls are easily noticed. When I first got hooked on Adam's; I washed, clayed, swirl removal, polished, and buttery waxed the Tahoe. By hand! I've done regular washes and just started noticing swirls about a month the ago. Again, I washed it today and after the wash, I didn't see the swirls in the places I did when I first saw them about a month ago. Is this a normal occurrence or is my mind playing games with me?!? Can just a regular shampoo help correct minor finish blemishes?! Help....

The other question is regarding a PC and concerns both the Tahoe and SRT...both cars have an aggressive stance. The lines on the fenders are not as smooth as other cars on the road. The Tahoe is a z71 and the Jeep is an SRT....you get the drift., if not google images as my wife is the pic whore in the house and takes the pictures! What would a pro use for detailing fenders above wheel wells? PC, FLEX, focus pads, or by hand?

If my wife ever sends me pictures i will upload them. Thoughts/ opinions?

9 answers to this question

First of, no normal wash shampoo will not remove the swirls.  I would think that if they are minor, you just were not at the right angle or proper light to notice them.

A PC will not hurt the paint in any way.  I would not worry about the shape angles.  I cannot say what a professional would use, but in many cases they use the standard style buffer and unfortunately some should not be using one.  The Flex is a little more aggressive then the PC.  I have been using a PC for almost 7 years now and I have no issue with it.  If you maintain your paint regularly and only get the normal minor swirls and small fine scratches, a PC will correct those.

Dude!  Come the heck over and borrow mine!   Try them, see which one you like and then buy it.  You just have to promise to buy it from Adams.  

I wonder if you were seeing spider webs.  (literally)  I get them all the time on my car and do a double take.  ;) 

Chris - you're on! Hell I'll even let you drive the Jeep then loose in a race. :) I get the Jeep back from the dealership on Friday. This weekend I can't get together. Throw something up and see if it works. I'm no dumb dumb, why wouldn't I buy it from Adam's?! Some people believe in customer loyality!

Wait, I didn't say I'd do it for you...  I said you can borrow the tools to do it.  lol  I'm MORE than happy to show you the way though.  

If you want to have the tools to do it at your leisure let me know and you can stop by and pick them up.

As for racing...  My car's isn't fast, but watch out...  My stock pile of go fast bits is building and I plan on doing a bit of work as soon as I get the RAM.  I just need to figure out who to have do it.  

Chris

Ha really you thought I was going to have you do it?! C'mon my wife only gets to drive the Jeep if her car ever goes in for service, but yes I would prefer to be shown ;)

Wait a minute, what's being done to the G8?

Edited by Schwag one

I'm looking to do heads, headers, cam, stall, axles, intake, TB, exhaust, and some more suspension work. Purely for the street! Looking for 420-450rwhp.

Money needs to be there though! We'll see... Truck was scheduled to be produced today! Fingers crossed!!!

Let me know what you want to do. Memorial Day weekend I'm out of town and I work this weekend. 

Edit:  I work Saturday 8-2pm.  Doing a dry run of our new ERP system.  YEAH! I don't normally work weekends.  THANK GOD! 

I had my TBSS tuned @ fast motor sports in Chicago. The tuner Brandon and owners is a genius when it comes to tuning...

http://www.fast-motorsports.net/Default.asp

Also, is your G8 black? I was on river drive earlier and made a left on Devils Glen RD. We're you by chance following me? - I was in the gray Camry. What does the second week in June look like? Maybe the 8th?