Customer Service 866.965.0400

Old PC pads on Flex

GaryW

Question

Ok so I was doing a Black Expedition today.  Had the Gen 4 Orange Pad on, Kept dusting like a Biznitch.  I put on a Pad I had for the PC.  Now it was a new pad still wrapped up, just never used.  It worked like a charm, minimal dusting, and seemed to work much better.  The Gen 4 pad kept walking me all over the truck...  This old pad did the just great.  Not sure what this means.  Either I did somethng wrong, or stumbled on something for the good........  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

3 answers to this question

I've noticed that the Flex will walk like a mofo if you use too much polish.  I only have gen IV pads and only seem to have trouble with the white pad and FMP.  Maybe it's because when I try to clean the white pad using the pad conditioning brush it doesn't seem to clean it as good as the green and orange, aka no/minimal visible dust coming off.

Edited by carlrx7

Carl, FMP will not dust like SHR and SSR because it has far less dissolved solids (hence why it is the least abrasive of the 3). What kind of trouble are you having with it?

Gary, were you applying any pressure with the Flex? Since the pad has an "egg carton" pattern, you need to apply pressure to "bottom out" the face of the pad so that it is flat against the surface, maybe that is why it was walking on you? If I remember correctly the Gen3 Flex pads were completely smooth, and would likely be easier to control if that was the case. My experience with the Flex is minimal compared to the PC so I am just thinking out loud here.

Carl, FMP will not dust like SHR and SSR because it has far less dissolved solids (hence why it is the least abrasive of the 3). What kind of trouble are you having with it?

Gary, were you applying any pressure with the Flex? Since the pad has an "egg carton" pattern, you need to apply pressure to "bottom out" the face of the pad so that it is flat against the surface, maybe that is why it was walking on you? If I remember correctly the Gen3 Flex pads were completely smooth, and would likely be easier to control if that was the case. My experience with the Flex is minimal compared to the PC so I am just thinking out loud here.

Yes I had some pressure on them to flatten out the pad,,, Once I switched to the old flat pad, it went like a charm.  Ole girl drove like  Bugatti Veyron on the Autobahn...

Then again most likely me.  I have to experiment some more,, see what I can change...  Got truck done and owner happy..  :ph34r:  :cheers: