Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Product Review

MrHot88

Question

Got to try a few items today and want to give my thoughts on some products.

Americana

Yesterday I polished my 1996 work truck, today I used BG and Americana, I ve used the BG before, hands down the best.

The Americana is the best wax I've ever used in my 30 years of my professional detailing.

My truck never looked this good, looks even better than the day I bought it which was new.

A little goes a long way, easy on and easy off just don't let it sit too long because it makes it difficult to remove.

Nothing on the market better,period.

Waterless Wash

So I had to drive about an hour to meet some friends from here, when I got there I wiped my truck down with WW, wow, I'm a believer now, stuff works, don't have to worry about causing swirls, you can feel a lube of some kind in the product , the MF towel just glided over the finish leaving it steak free and very clean.

VRT, hands down the best I've ever saw,,made my black trim and tires look new, not oily, not a great shine which is what I like, just made all my trim and tires pop, nothing better, heard it can last up to two months

Great White

Don't know yet, thanks Ricky for the gift, he gave me a brand new towel, looks and feels great.

Glass cleaner

Again,wow.

For a couple of years I had what looked like scratches on my drivers side window, I tried to polish it out but did nothing, well today after cleaning my window it went away, not sure what was on it but it's gone, looks like the window is down. Lol

SSHR

I've had this product for sometime and have to say it just doesn't remove the swirls as I'd like it to do.

Tried removing swirls on two Camaro's with the SSHR with not much luck, had to use an over the counter compound to get rid of them, they came up sp fast.

Much to be desired when it comes to the SSHR

Hurry with the new correction polish.

BG

No other company can touch it, it's that good.

FMP, not bad at all, I'll keep buying it, great stuff.

I'll give another review soon as I buy more products, I'm one of those people that love testing, seeing for myself, what works and don't work.

I have to wash my wife's car this week, I'll give my review on the Great White then.

Kevin

Oh, the Hex applicator pads works so well, another top notch product.

16 answers to this question

I'll play. I haven't been doing this as long as you but I've tried a lot of the other current premium detailing brands and their best selling products. Here's my two cents on the products you mentioned.

Americana - agree, it is the best wax in its price range and can hang with some of the big boys at much higher price points. Best Adams product along with the shampoo and detail spray.

Waterless wash - needs a revamp IMO but don't lose the smell, gosh I love the smell. There have been a lot of advances in this type of product and it could use a facelift.

SVRT - excellent initial results but less than desirable durability IMO, and the cost per oz is ridiculous. I still use it on my garage queen because I don't care about durability and one bottle will last a while. I love the look it gives tires, not so much trim.

Great White - was amazing for three or four uses, then pushes water around. Makes for a great door jamb towel now.

Glass Cleaner - outstanding product but again, identical results can be achieved at a much lower cost per oz. Works and smells great though.

SSHR - completely agree. Huge letdown when I first tried this product. Can't wait to try the new stuff!

Brilliant Glaze - good initial results, wish it lasted longer and was better at masking imperfections.

Overall good product and is stupid easy to use.

Fine Machine Polish - again, can't wait to try the new stuff...

Applicators - all Adams applicators are top notch.

good review guys, its great to have a review with a person that has so many years experience in detailing and letting us know what you think of it.  americana is fantastic, just wait until you guys try the patriot...

Bummer on the Great White, just got it today and had high hopes.

I agree, the SSHR was a Hugh let down.

Not many glazes hold up well, take the m7, if you dont wax it right after and it rains it just runs off as fast as you put it on

I didn't try the car soap, I'll order that next, heard it really suds up.

I'll get back with you on the towel and soap soon.

On the Flex.

I tried one today for the first time and heard of it walking on you, at first no problem but then I had to go to the SSHR and when I did the Flex starting grabbing, then walking, hard to hold on to, I gave up, just wiped it off and used another product.

Like it dries up too fast, seems to me it would cause more damage than good.

Now when using the FMP I didn't have any problems with it walking on me.

So if you find it hard to handle it could just be the SSHR that making It difficult to work.

Kevin

I'll play. I haven't been doing this as long as you but I've tried a lot of the other current premium detailing brands and their best selling products. Here's my two cents on the products you mentioned.

Americana - agree, it is the best wax in its price range and can hang with some of the big boys at much higher price points. Best Adams product along with the shampoo and detail spray.

Waterless wash - needs a revamp IMO but don't lose the smell, gosh I love the smell. There have been a lot of advances in this type of product and it could use a facelift.

SVRT - excellent initial results but less than desirable durability IMO, and the cost per oz is ridiculous. I still use it on my garage queen because I don't care about durability and one bottle will last a while. I love the look it gives tires, not so much trim.

Great White - was amazing for three or four uses, then pushes water around. Makes for a great door jamb towel now.

Glass Cleaner - outstanding product but again, identical results can be achieved at a much lower cost per oz. Works and smells great though.

SSHR - completely agree. Huge letdown when I first tried this product. Can't wait to try the new stuff!

Brilliant Glaze - good initial results, wish it lasted longer and was better at masking imperfections.

Overall good product and is stupid easy to use.

Fine Machine Polish - again, can't wait to try the new stuff...

Applicators - all Adams applicators are top notch.

Edited by MrHot88

Surprised on the negative GWDT comments. Mine is at least a year old, probably closer to two. Been used dozens of times, haven't had this problem. Bone dry it may be a bit stubborn (misting of DS or WW helps), but once the towel starts to get damp then it's a friggin vacuum. Never boiled mine either, may give it a try this week to see if it makes a difference. I wash it by hand in a bucket of cool water with a tiny drop of Woolite and a capfull of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer, and it's still as white as my car.

Surprised on the negative GWDT comments. Mine is at least a year old, probably closer to two. Been used dozens of times, haven't had this problem. Bone dry it may be a bit stubborn (misting of DS or WW helps), but once the towel starts to get damp then it's a friggin vacuum. Never boiled mine either, may give it a try this week to see if it makes a difference. I wash it by hand in a bucket of cool water with a tiny drop of Woolite and a capfull of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer, and it's still as white as my car.

yea i was about to say.  i have 3 of them all of which are 2-3 years old and used frequently.  i wash mine in the machine on a short/cold setting with a little woolite and hang dry.  still works like they were brand new. 

The guy that gave it to me swears by it, in fact the two people I was with today both like it.

Why would you boil the towel?

Kevin

yea i was about to say.  i have 3 of them all of which are 2-3 years old and used frequently.  i wash mine in the machine on a short/cold setting with a little woolite and hang dry.  still works like they were brand new.

The guy that gave it to me swears by it, in fact the two people I was with today both like it.

Why would you boil the towel?

Kevin

in a way it rejuvenates the towel by breaking down the polishes, soaps etc. in the towel.  add a cap full of distilled white vinegar for an extra punch.  i just had 2 brand new green glass towels that were linting like crazy.  washed them 4 times each doing something different (one used with woolite, the other with the microfiber rejuvenater etc.)  decided to boil them in a pot yesterday for about 5-8 minutes and left them to hang dry.  used them today and no more linting.  

I've seen plenty of guys who love them and several who don't (on other forums). It kinda just depends on what your comparing it to and how your personal experiences go. For some reason I could never get my Adams microfiber to sustain its durability, absorbancy and therefore effectiveness. At first I thought it may be my high efficiency washing machine not getting them completely clean but it's not happening with other towels so I'm not sure. Again, just my personal experience with 2 different great whites bought at different times.

Thanks for the advise.

Kevin

in a way it rejuvenates the towel by breaking down the polishes, soaps etc. in the towel.  add a cap full of distilled white vinegar for an extra punch.  i just had 2 brand new green glass towels that were linting like crazy.  washed them 4 times each doing something different (one used with woolite, the other with the microfiber rejuvenater etc.)  decided to boil them in a pot yesterday for about 5-8 minutes and left them to hang dry.  used them today and no more linting.

I've had some of my GWDT's for 3+ years and they absorb as much now as when new.   I've never had to bin one of them yet and I've gotten them since they came out.  I ALWAYS air dry them, and have only ever used the scent free detergents and now the Adams MF cleaner.  

SHR works fine, but perhaps not as fast as others.  I've done complete corrections with it so to say it doesn't remove scratches, is false.  I too am hoping the new stuff is better, and from what I've heard, IT IS!  

SVRT doesn't last a lifetime, but I get pretty decent life out of it on my DD's which sit out all day.  IMO, it's all about how you prep for it.  

Adams has NEVER marketed their products on price, so I don't pay attention to the complaints that it's too expensive for what you get.  IMO, it's worth the price for the amount of help I can get by just calling or sending an email when I need to.  Adams also doesn't market their products directly at "PRO's" so many require the level of service they provide.  Service costs money...  

Thanks for another quick tip on boiling towels.. I was doing a paint correction last week on my car and had a few single softs towels lint crazy on me and had to toss them in my re-wash pile.. I knew that you can boil them just didn't know for how long.. So now i'll try this for next time. Thanks again. 

Boiling towels did NOT fix the linting I had.  My towels have come to the end of their usefulness and I've replaced them with Double Softs.  

I'll use them for removing polish, but NEVER LSP's.  

Thanks for another quick tip on boiling towels.. I was doing a paint correction last week on my car and had a few single softs towels lint crazy on me and had to toss them in my re-wash pile.. I knew that you can boil them just didn't know for how long.. So now i'll try this for next time. Thanks again. 

Boiling towels did NOT fix the linting I had.  My towels have come to the end of their usefulness and I've replaced them with Double Softs.  

I'll use them for removing polish, but NEVER LSP's.  

yea, i should have pointed this out earlier; boiling the towels probably won't work when it comes to the older towels that are ready to retire. Knowing me i would still try it before ordering more but in my case the 2 glass towels were brand new and i tried everything else to relieve the shedding.  it happened to be that boiling them stopped the linting from what i could tell. 

yea, i should have pointed this out earlier; boiling the towels probably won't work when it comes to the older towels that are ready to retire. Knowing me i would still try it before ordering more but in my case the 2 glass towels were brand new and i tried everything else to relieve the shedding.  it happened to be that boiling them stopped the linting from what i could tell.

Glad you got that figured out. I noticed the older my glass towels get they become more effective and easier to manage.

Glad you got that figured out. I noticed the older my glass towels get they become more effective and easier to manage.

i noticed that too.  Im going to hold on to my older one just in case, i think it has a few more windows left in it