Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from Central IL!

Inertia

Hello all!   I have just purchased a new Ford Focus ST.  Where as I would previously have paid a detailer to take care of my needs, I want to do it all myself for this one.  So I have a couple basic questions.  They probably deserve their own threads but I'll give it a shot here.

I have basically nothing useful in the realm of car detailing supplies.  This car is new off the lot and I am getting ready to order the essentials kit.  Are there any additional products I should consider with this being a new car (sealant?) or should the essentials kit serve me well for a while?  $200 is about my budget for now.  I was going to get the kit + and extra grit guard for a two bucket wash.

Question 2.   I have a gravel driveway.  It's not like a quarter mile long one or anything but it does add up to about 1200 sq ft.  I ultimately would like to get it asphalted but I'm not sure I am going to be living here long enough to justify it so I am probably just going to get some fresh gravel (course) to lay down on top of it.  Right now it is pretty silty.  Currently washing a car on this thing makes a mess...   Any thoughts or recommendations in the mean time?   I don't have drainage in my garage either :(

Thanks in advance!  Looking forward to using the products. 

Edited by Inertia

Hello all!   I have just purchased a new Ford Focus ST.  Where as I would previously have paid a detailer to take care of my needs, I want to do it all myself for this one.  So I have a couple basic questions.  They probably deserve their own threads but I'll give it a shot here.

I have basically nothing useful in the realm of car detailing supplies.  This car is new off the lot and I am getting ready to order the essentials kit.  Are there any additional products I should consider with this being a new car (sealant?) or should the essentials kit serve me well for a while?  $200 is about my budget for now.  I was going to get the kit + and extra grit guard for a two bucket wash.

Question 2.   I have a gravel driveway.  It's not like a quarter mile long one or anything but it does add up to about 1200 sq ft.  I ultimately would like to get it asphalted but I'm not sure I am going to be living here long enough to justify it so I am probably just going to get some fresh gravel (course) to lay down on top of it.  Right now it is pretty silty.  Currently washing a car on this thing makes a mess...   Any thoughts or recommendations in the mean time?   I don't have drainage in my garage either :(

Thanks in advance!  Looking forward to using the products.

First of all Welcome to Adams Addicts, i mean, um, Adams Forums (: Secondly i would definitely pick up some Glass cleaner and Glass Cleaning Towels!

Welcome to the forum and to Adams Polishes.  I would suggest picking the items you think you need and then using the chat function in the sales area.  They will then help you get the most for your money by perhaps suggesting kits you may have overlooked or not found.  

There are several things to do to a car:

Keep it clean and reduce any further damage to the paint.

With its current condition protect and polish it to make it shine. 

Later, correct the paint on the car, it will already have swirls in the clear coat from the way it was treated on the sales lot.  They all do. 

You can clean the outside of the car with Adams soap and two bucket wash.

Super SVRT will keep your tires and black plastic looking new.

There are kits for keeping your tires and wheels clean, and your interior.  

Prioritize and grab the supplies that will help you care for the portion of the car that is most important to you.

Then start detailing!  (and dreaming of getting the rest of the stuff later) 

Hello and welcome to the forum!  Where in IL are you?  I'm in Bloomington and I know there are a few others on here from the area as well.  I would think the essentials kit plus some Glass Cleaner and the MF towels will keep you busy for now.  I would probably add Quick Sealant in the near future but I see you have some Buttery Wax that will help with protection for now.  Wait for specials here and there to pick up discounted items that you are wanting to try.

As far as your driveway, it might not hurt to find out the cost of upgrading to asphalt and compare it to what an appraiser thinks it adds to the value of your home.  It might not seem worth it if you are leaving soon but it could be a few extra bucks in your pocket once it comes time to sell.  

Hello and welcome to the forum!  Where in IL are you?  I'm in Bloomington and I know there are a few others on here from the area as well.  I would think the essentials kit plus some Glass Cleaner and the MF towels will keep you busy for now.  I would probably add Quick Sealant in the near future but I see you have some Buttery Wax that will help with protection for now.  Wait for specials here and there to pick up discounted items that you are wanting to try.

As far as your driveway, it might not hurt to find out the cost of upgrading to asphalt and compare it to what an appraiser thinks it adds to the value of your home.  It might not seem worth it if you are leaving soon but it could be a few extra bucks in your pocket once it comes time to sell.  

Thanks all!   I am from Chrisman, IL but work in Champaign.  Looking to move up that way.  I do work in Bloomington regularly as well.

As far as replacing the drive, I have much contemplated it.  The real issue is with the drive is that I just can't see it adding anything to the property value.  Looking at houses near me and the stagnant market in my area, I just can't see it adding too much value.  However, I do plan on getting an estimate this week.  In the meantime, I can likely do my cleaning at my fiance's parents.  

I would advise you to get more detail spray and All Purpose Cleaner. You will use that stuff A LOT. I just ordered some gallon refills of the stuff. Other than that I would get some deep wheel cleaner if you can, and maybe some interior cleaners.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.  I grew up in Georgetown.  

I second the All Purpose Cleaner.  Just order a gallon of it.

Nice!

I just got my gallon of All Purpose Cleaner in and just ordered a gallon of Detail Spray.  I just about have the whole line now.  Missing the In and Out spray and Window sealant now.  

Nice!

I just got my gallon of All Purpose Cleaner in and just ordered a gallon of Detail Spray. I just about have the whole line now. Missing the In and Out spray and Window sealant now.

Love the in out spray. I use it in the engine bay a lot to details stuff up there.

Just visited family in that area this weekend. Had a chance to correct and polish my mothers Grand Prix. Big job it was in terrible shape. Ill post Picts later.