Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gas or Electric, Pressure washers?..

socaliguy

Question

I'm not sure which to get, I use my power washer now just for doing the garage floor or drive way, ( its an older electric one ) I want to start using a foam canon, some of the electric ones I seen online at Lowes or Home depot don't have quick connects, well take that back a few have but they are a lot or have bad feedbacks on them,

I looked at a couple gas ones around $249.00 home depot, Lowes around same price give or take, Just trying to get some feed back whats best to use and last longer? Thanks for any replies and feed back :)

Edited by socaliguy

8 answers to this question

This is what i have http://www.powerequipmentplus.com/prdSell.aspx?Name=Karcher_X_Series_2000psi_Electric_Pressure_Washer&gclid=CPm9_KfUjLgCFdFi7Aod7EYAvQ  I didn't really need a gas powered one since all i really use it for is cleaning really dirty cars & my foam cannon.  

My only complaint with the Karcher is its pretty top heavy & has fallen a over a few times.  Other than that no complaints.  Just FYI an electric vs gas PW has no different effect on the performance of the foam cannon IME. 

If you like to wash your car early in the morning, then the neighbors will love your gas pressure washer!

In my opinion, gas is more powerful, but electric is more than adequate to add foam and rinse a car.

This one I know the answer ! Get any washer that has a Honda commercial engine and a CAT pump. Absolutely unequivably the best longest lasting machine you can buy. The CAT pump is blue in color. You can get a 2800 @ 3.5 gallons per minute for about 700 dollars.

I have a Kranzle (electric) pressure washer and love it. I mainly choose the electric over gas as I arrive to my clients houses pretty early in the morning to begin working, and don't want to wake up the neighborhood. Performance wise I absolutely love it. 

I have a Kranzle too and love the electric over the gas -- not as powerful as gas one but a lot quieter and safer and no worries about gas/oil etc. Of course, it lacks mobility -- need to be near an electric outlet.