Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spot Polish??

compudiva

Question

If a car only has few scratches does it make sense to just polish those areas?  Will polish help dull paint - if no scratches would just doing step 2 of the 2 step polish help bring out the shine more?

I believe I have the Revive product, would that help a dull paint or is it not needed with the new 2 step products?  

Thanks

3 answers to this question

if you have scratches in isolated areas, and the paint is perfect elsewhere yes, just polish out those scratches.  I would recommend using the 4 inch focus pads on a drill to get them out.  

Revive will not dull anything, it is a cleanser and will clarify/remove residues & wax if there is any.  

Hi Jason,  thanks.  Yeah, I did not mean that Revive would dull anything but if the paint is dull, will it help to bring back some of the luster assuming of course it was a decent paint job to begin with.

Hi Jason,  thanks.  Yeah, I did not mean that Revive would dull anything but if the paint is dull, will it help to bring back some of the luster assuming of course it was a decent paint job to begin with.

it should if there are no swirls/scratches causing the dullness/haziness.  In that case you would need an abrasive polish like PCP or PFP  on a flex for example.  Revive is underrated and does not get talked as much as other products here IMO.  On my next detail after i finish polish-correcting, i will finish off with a black sealant pad & revive on a low speed to really clean up the paint.