Customer Service 866.965.0400

Showing the new ride... Sort of

Chewy

So I spent another 4 and a half hours on the beast last night.  (that's 7.5 hours total on my "brand new" truck)

I washed it three times (yeah it was THAT dirty) and then clayed it wet using Adams shampoo in a 16oz bottle with water.   WOW was it bad...

Honestly, I should have sprayed it down with APC and washed it first.  I believe it sat in Warren MI for 5 weeks with NO protection what so ever.  It was the hardest cleaning I think I've ever done.  After washing it three times and claying it, you could see that the clay was still taking off the black that the acid rain had left behind.  Luckily, I don't see any paint damage.  

Needless to say, it's going to get some FP on a white foam pad or one of the new MF pads before putting sealant on it. 

I drove it home from the dealer on Tuesday and haven't driven it since.  lol 

I NEED to get some protection on it before venturing out in it.

NOW I have a white truck! 

Only a few more hours to go and It'll be ready to drive.  :) 

Tuesday it has an appointment with the tinter.  60 bucks to tint the front windows.  DANG!  I thought that was reasonable. 

Chris

Nice Ram, white is a great color on it. Check your window sticker for what gears they put in and crawl under and look at the axle to see if they match.

I built it! I can tell you everything you want to know. 3.92 LSD. With the super low 1st-3rd gears of the new A8 it means 1st gear is 14 to 1.

Nice Ram, white is a great color on it. Check your window sticker for what gears they put in and crawl under and look at the axle to see if they match. 

I looked on my sticker but don't see the ratio.....Is it stamped on the diff?

Since I'm not correcting the paint on this thing, but still wanted to make it pop, I decided to pull out the Finishing Polish and new white MF pad and clean the paint prior to sealing. I also got a chance to try out my new Adams tape. Must say, it works quite well. Thin so it's easy to mold, yet strong.

I got half of the truck done before I ran out of time.

On a side note, MAN is it nice to have AC in the garage!!!

I'll finish it up tomorrow night so that it's sealed when I take it to get tinted on Tuesday.

Picture is pre-polish.

post-19-0-92928300-1373853434_thumb.jpg

Tuesday it has an appointment with the tinter.  60 bucks to tint the front windows.  DANG!  I thought that was reasonable. 

Chris

It all depends on what they are using to tint the windows with.  Looks good, however.

Edited by LFairbanks

Chewy, It say's "viper" on the inside?  Like all over in small lettering?  Is it something you can remove?  The only reason I ask I had mine done and it was 3M, and to remove it the guy just used rubbing alcohol.  It had little 3M markings all over it.  I guess they do it because there were tint business' telling people they were getting a 3M product, when in fact it was not.

Chewy, It say's "viper" on the inside?  Like all over in small lettering?  Is it something you can remove?  The only reason I ask I had mine done and it was 3M, and to remove it the guy just used rubbing alcohol.  It had little 3M markings all over it.  I guess they do it because there were tint business' telling people they were getting a 3M product, when in fact it was not.

Yes, on the bottom it says VIPER on it.  It looks like it's laser etched.  The letters are probably 1/2" tall.  Kind of sucks! 

I'm going to call them.  

OK, called them...  It's a water mark that will come off with my GC.  

I got on the Viper site to see what it's all about and it looks like it's a Made in the USA product with a lifetime guarantee.  They make several types of film.  I'm guessing I got the cheapest one, but I don't care,  looks good. 

Exhaust goes on tonight!  My buddy has a lift so we're going to do it there.  After doing Erics on my garage floor, I decided to just drive the 45 minutes to my buddies to do it.

Chris

Lol it wasnt that bad besides the tips

Yeah, but think how much easier it'll be standing up under it!  

I truly believe the Sport has a louder exhaust stock too.  The thing sounds bad A$$!  I just want it a bit deeper, but it's one of the best sounding stock systems I've heard on a truck.  I watched a video from 2009 where one of the Chrysler engineers said they put a different muffler on the Sports.  I'm guessing they still do.  

Chris

It might. Im going to remove the resonators on mine soon I want it louder lol

That won't gain you much from what I've read...  What you need to do is the DOD80 which is a straight pipe where the muffler lives.

I put my 24" on last night...  SOUNDS PERFECT!  It has a nice muscle growl without being intrusive. 

Oh and it was a LOT easier on the hoist.  

I had a rear brake squeaking like mad and found a clip was jacked up (so much for the 5 weeks in quality assurance) so I just ordered a set of the spring clips for less than 10 bucks on Rock Auto and I'll fix it myself.  For now, we just bent it up and away from the rotor.

Man it was HORRIBLE sounding. 

Any chance of a sound clip Chris?

Of the bad brake or the exhaust?  :lol:

Yeah, I can do that.  It won't come across that well over a computer though...  

This is one on YouTube that I liked and made me buy the 24" over the smaller ones.  

2010 Dodge Ram snow drift mufflex 24

Hey Eric, my muffler was smaller than yours I think.  My stock exhaust was considerably more aggressive sounding too.  Surprising!  :blink: