Customer Service 866.965.0400

First hand polish workout

hawk115

Question

13 answers to this question

Yeah, that works!  Revive is a semi-magical underrated product.  I have a special gray pad on my PC just for it.  I think it does subtle things to my solid  black paint.  When I have the time to really 'gild the lily' I do a post-polishing pass with Revive on the PC.  I think it's also really good on solid red, too.

Looks great! Would love to have seen a before and after.. I am still on the fence to whether or not I want to hand polish, or wait till I have the funds to get a machine.

People still hand polish? 

Best advice to give you, wait until you have the funds.  IMHO, the results you get with the amount of time/effort it takes by hand isn't worth it.  There are plenty of machines out there (e.g., PC, cyclo) that are incredibly safe to use and do a fantastic job.  Wait! 

People still hand polish? 

Best advice to give you, wait until you have the funds.  IMHO, the results you get with the amount of time/effort it takes by hand isn't worth it.  There are plenty of machines out there (e.g., PC, cyclo) that are incredibly safe to use and do a fantastic job.  Wait! 

I just waxed my friends BMW 3-series sport wagon using Buttery Wax and I don't think I'm ever going to polish or wax by hand again. I don't think it's worth the time and effort so yeah, get a polisher if you can afford one.  I'm just glad that the Buttery Wax was so easy to remove. 

I could never wait myself, hand polishing won't kill you only make you stronger. Get some revive and buttery, unless your shoulders & back are already wrecked you should be fine. I have had a PC for 2 years and just upgraded to a Flex this spring, having the right tool will make life better for sure. If you want to start making progress with paint correction, first step is the correct wash then get out the swirls.

I did a real quick polish this spring on my truck ( 03 Chev 2500 Crew), the paint was 90% of perfect when I started. Took about 4 hours to wash, clay as needed, polish and wax by hand. I used Revive and Patriot on the beast, still looks great after 2 months of use & sitting outside. The boat is now in garage for summer.

I started with the hand polish system.  I did two vehicles and realized it was not what I was looking for.  I knew I had to step up to a machine.  Couldn't afford anything but the PC at the time.  I did a couple vehicles with that and the three step polish system and still was only getting probably 70 percent correction (still new to machine polishing really).  I was just on the verge of upgrading to the flex when Adams released the new Paint Correcting and Paint Finishing Polish and boy do those two really work (even with the PC).  I know I can get results faster with the flex but taking my time with the PC really paid off this past time.  

Glad the 2-step has improved the results, I picked up a flex and it is a big difference over the PC. Would like a Cyclo, but have to wait as I only take care of my own fleet. Used the Flex on my boat yesterday, was a lot more work than paint & definitely generated some heat to fix the dock scuff's.