Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyway to not have the Car Shampoo dry on every Wash?

Joshman3382

Question

Is anybody in the Southwest able to wash the entire car before rinsing and NOT have the Car Wash Shampoo dry and have some water spots as well? Here is the process I'm using: 

1. Rinse the entire car clearing the large debris and anything that can be removed with a good rinse.

2. Foam the entire car with a Gilmore foam gun.

3. Using a two bucket wash, wash the upper two thirds with one mitt and the bottom third with another mitt.(Once I finish the entire car, the first panel I washed is now dry and I also have some hard water spots) 

4. Thoroughly rinse the car and pull into the garage.

5. Dry with Great White/Master Blaster. 

I find that I am trying to go as fast as I can in the wash process so the shampoo will not dry and I end up missing some spots that I have to go back over with Waterless Wash only to find out the shampoo has dried anyway. I also have hard water where I live so I end up getting water spots as well.

I have tried to wash in the morning and in the evening with the same result. I am thinking about going back to my old method of washing one panel at a time and keeping the car wet until ready to dry. Any suggestions? Also both of my cars are Black so I know that doesn't help ether. 

Edited by Joshman3382

Sounds like you're moving in the right direction Joshua!!

Time to post some pics of your hard work now!   :)

Also, we have scrapped the water filter idea indefinitely.  The test models we had didn't perform anywhere close to what we'd hoped, which is definitely a bummer.

One can make their own filter via parts at Home Depot, if they don't care where said parts came from.  I tinkered briefly in making a couple long before the "test" units Adam's had were in house.  

I would think with a little research, and around $125, one could make a decent, in-line filter.