Customer Service 866.965.0400

One step polish??

zxgto06

Question

Hey guys, I was just wondering what a good combo is for a nice one step polish for a daily driver. I have the new polish system, microfiber and foam pads. I take the time and do all the steps on my garage queen 06 GTO. My truck and my wife's jeep are both clean but could use a polish to remove some minor wash swirls and such. I'll be using a flex and a PC for the tight spots.

Here's the combos I was thinking of.

1. Orange microfiber pad with paint finishing polish.

2. White pad with the correcting polish

3. Use orange foam pad and mix the polish?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

6 answers to this question

Yes the new polishes can finish down Quite well.

I can get away and only do PCP and orange and turns out nice. But first do your test spot cause you may only need PFP and white pad.

Edited by Fphillips

It really depends on how much damage you need to correct, and how close to perfection you want to get.

A test section is the key here, one on each vehicle.  It's very hard to prescribe a perfect one step combo on the internet.  ;)

I wouldn't begin with mixing polishes and pad types as your first option.  Stick with the proven combos (orange/orange, white/white) and adjust from there as you work your test section (s).

If you hold me over the fire and make me give a recommendation though, with the Flex I'd go with Correcting Polish and Orange Foam.  Speed around 5.   :)

When I bought my truck I did a full 2 Step Correction... Ever since then there has been so little damage done and so fine swirl marks I have been able to just use a White Pad with a Finishing Polish. 

Use the least aggressive method first and see where that gets you.