Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tires "soaking in" VRT

Zach5.9CTD

Question

hey guys., im having a slight issue right now, im trying to dress my tires with VRT and i am literally WATCHING the VRT be soaked in by the tire, ive done 2 applications to one tire and it just keeps soaking it in leaving nasty blotches.  What can i do?  Im not about to go through a half bottle of VRT on one set of tires one time haha!

9 answers to this question

If they haven't been treated in awhile that will happen. Not sure of the technical stuff behind it, but it happened to be on a set of luggage racks on a somewhat neglected SUV a few years back. I guess the same can happen on tires.

If they are dry they will soak up VRT. Keep applying coats until it comes out even. 

However at the same time if they have not been cleaned very well in a while it may still come out blotchy.

Edited by Kingsford

Different tires respond differently to water based dressings. Try applying a very heavy coat in a blotting way, don't wipe it on, blot it on.

Let it sit for a few minutes so the rubber can drink up as much as it needs to, then wipe with an applicator to remove/even the excess

ok, we got it PRETTY well evened up, its still touchy in a few areas but not bad, we will re asses in the morning.  Thanks guys!

BTW, tires are cleaned every 1 to 2 wks, RARELY ever dressed except for special occasions (prom tomorrow), maybe lack of dressing them dried up rubber some.  Also, these tires sit off the truck all winter in my garage while i run stock wheels and snow tires.