Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from warner robins, GA

amb7247

Hello everyone.

I came across adams due to the comparisons with other products on the market specifically chemical guys. I liked adams due to the explanation of their products and in the videos.

The big problem I had in the past with my last two cars was paint fade and cracking. Specifically, my Mitsubishi Eclipse that I no longer own. Of course being that it was black in color did not help things. Now, I am an owner of a Hyundai Elantra 2014 and I want to be sure to protect the paint for years to come. As it has only 19900 miles, it's practically still a brand new car and still has that new car smell. I park the car in a car port and the left side is where it would get the most sun. I am considering putting a sheet or something to block the sun. Now at work, it's in the open so you can see how much I would like to protect the paint as much as I can.

I have used numerous products. For car wash I use meguiars gold and it does a good job. For tire shine, I have used black magic foam. I am going to try the adams tire cleaner and tire shine to see if the shine lasts longer than the meguiars 2-3 day shine.

now sealant and wax I was considering getting the:

1) Adams Paint Sealant

2)  Adams Brilliant Glaze

3) Adams Detail Spray.

I may consider the butter wax at a later time.

Now, in the order of application, do I do # 1 first then use 2 and 3 together? I saw one video where I think that's what they did. I was just checking. I figure if I use those products, it would look better than anything I've tried in the past.

Also, how often do you guys have to wash your cars? I saw Adams video where he pointed out if the water beads up on the surface that the sealant is likely no longer good, whereas if it runs off, it's still good and applying a glaze and detail spray can still apply.

I know I've typed a lot but I want to be sure if I get those 3 products plus the wheel spray and tire shine that I should be on my way to a good clean shine. If you have other suggestion let me know and I'll give them consideration.

I'm also likely to get the 2 of the soft towels and the yellow hex for the brilliant product and the blue microfiber pads for the sealant since I have no machine.

Thanks guys.

WELCOME!  There are a lot of videos and great people here on the forum. I am new to many of the products as well. From what I watched on their youtube channel; The order you have is correct. However you don't need all three. Sealant would be first. The glaze is applied for shine, not for protection. The detail spray you really don't need unless you want to touch things up or your in between waxing/polishing after a wash. Or of course if you clay bar it to add for lubricant. BTW if you haven't clay barred your vehicle first you should do that.

I try and mix other products as well. Having 2 black vehicles I wash a lot and I use what works for me that day. Sometimes its the black box wax or even the black detail spray as that helps fill in. I do everything by hand and both look show quality but its time to take it further and I will be using a machine and the Adams 2 part correction system to take out the little water spots and minor surface stuff.

Good luck with detailing and enjoy when finished!

welcome. i also still use store bought products- on my wife's car though, her paint is pretty much beyond recovering. but on my new truck, i used only adam's products. everything that i have purchased from adam's- i am beyond satisfied with the results.

Welcome Aaron! As you and others have mentioned, a lot of good people and information here, and always ask questions if the need arises, and I am sure you will get may responses, and the correct answer!

How fast do orders send out? I ask since I ordered at almost 1PM EST on the 14th and I still show processing today (19th). I'm curious if they've had a lot of orders to send out recently. I watched the video that it was mentioned it may take 2 days to send out, sometimes 3 usually at the most.

Edited by amb7247

• 1 month later...

Call / Email them.  Mine was slightly delayed because of a back order item.. But they've been really quick to get back to me on anything... Even got Dylan when i called once.. top notch business they run there.  Currently waiting on my second order i placed over 4th July weekend... and already getting ready for order # 3... have to space it out so my wife doesn't freak out if 10 boxes show up at once, so i just keep building orders waiting for next big sale.