Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing product stain on interior door panel

CadillaChick

Question

As the title says it appears the detailer at the Cadillac dealer used some sort of product on my interior door panel that has maybe allowed the sun to bleach a stain on the upper door panel material??

This is one of the last OCD nitpicks I have with my V.

I have used every product I have on it other than 2 different upholstery cleaners for carpet and fabric but the stain is still faintly visible.

Any Idea's on what else to try?

I have been cleaning the entire section in order to keep a uniform surface but you can see the uneven finish on the leatherette

2j3hfh2.jpg

71n5nc.jpg

Edited by CadillaChick

7 answers to this question

Hopefully I get some other recommendations after fighting to get my wheel replaced  I would rather just buy another door panel and not have a dealer involved so that they don't screw something else up..

Right now my only fear is how aggressive should I try and treat the stain without much experience with something like this.

Hopefully I get some other recommendations after fighting to get my wheel replaced  I would rather just buy another door panel and not have a dealer involved so that they don't screw something else up..

Right now my only fear is how aggressive should I try and treat the stain without much experience with something like this.

Amy, it would be a lot easier getting them to replace a trim panel than a wheel....................... speaking from experience.................... you would be astounded by the pricing on a trim panel if you were to purchase it, a lot more money than a wheel..............................

I feel for you, just going through the same thing here with my Corvette, really tiring getting the run around from the dealer.................

Have you guys ever heard of using a Dab of toothpaste with a soft brush to clean stained vinyl?

I am also seeing gently dabbing Isopropyl Alcohol with claims that it can sometimes help release a stain on vinyl.

Along with Mr. Clean magic erasers which the idea of it scares me. lol

I guess I will be the Guinea pig on some of these so that it may help some one in the future.

Edited by CadillaChick

I have heard of both Isoporpyl Alcohol applied onto a soft cotton ball and then "dabbed" onto the stained area, and also know an individual who has utilized "toothpaste with a soft brush" on a medium shade of blue, door trim panel on an older Firebird.

Personally, myself, I have used Isoporply Alcohol on a few different things with good results on the majority of them, but not all.