Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic paint coating

FrozenWS6

Question

Since I havn't seen many posts about the Ceramic Paint Coating I thought I'd post my experiance so far.

My test car is our Pontiac Solstice.

I chose this one to try it on because it lives outside all summer and gets driven in all weather conditions, and right now it's stored in my shop so it's plenty warm and won't get wet.

Also being a darker color I thought it would be easier for me to see the coating turn Rainbow so I knew it was good to wipe down.

I had already single step polished, and sealed it this fall. So I created a bit more work for myself in having to strip all that off. I also decided I could get the paint closer to perfect. So another 6 hours of 2 step buffing and polishing I was ready to start the process.

First thing I noticed is each product has a pretty strong smell.

The Prep works great on any left over tar and cleans it up pretty quick. Then I applied the coating and it goes on pretty quick also.

Now I'm waiting for it to cure so in the morning I will apply the Ceramic Boost and see what it looks like and post a pic.

Here is a couple pics of it waiting to cure. I'm liking how wet the paint is looking so far.

588207BF-1031-4C09-A606-936D3133B2FF_zps

72865F28-8837-47D5-9D27-5E3081B94037_zps

Edited by FrozenWS6

10 answers to this question

I'm curious as to why this product is engineered to need a "boost" instead of it being a one-step process, like some of the competitors use. When this boost wears off, is the coating left sticky again? And if so, will the boost need to be reapplied frequently? This has really left me hesitant to buy the product, so I'm really excited to get your full review. thanks for posting.

Jason:  

IMO, most coatings are designed to have a 'booster' or 'topper' applied to them as part of a maintenance routine.

On my professional/authorized dealer only coatings that I use, I have my clients on a 6 month maintenance schedule and I do in fact 'top' the coating with a booster/sealant/topper to maintain the coating's properties and keep them 'as new'.  Also some of these that I use offer a warranty...and that warranty is based on a dedicated maintenance schedule.  

It's been my experience that the coating's properties will appear to have diminished some...even though they are still in tact, and people and customers like to see the super hydrophobic properties of a freshly applied coating.  

Hope this helps some!!!

Jason. My thought is even if I have to boost it every 6 months. That's still less then I'm doing with HGG over Sealant.

Plus it saves me time on this car when I have 3 of my own plus she has another one I maintain regularly on my days off. Which means I have more time for my son.

Anytime.

The hard part for me is my DD is likely to get wet some how within the 24 hour cure time because I have to drive it every day no matter what. So it probably won't get any paint coating even though I'd like to apply it.

Edited by FrozenWS6

Got the Boost applied this morning. (it smells better then the other 2 parts). 

Couldn't really see much of a difference between before and after. So I decided to try putting some water on it. The water instantly beads up and was running off. So that should help keep the bugs and dirt from sticking this summer also.

In all, the process doesn't take as long as I thought it would. But the most important step is the Prep Work before you apply anything.

Now I am just waiting for April to get it out and let her drive it.

3A4A5246-3977-4145-82C2-5EA573A43878_zps

645F734D-CB9E-4E27-853F-1867C6240A1A_zps

It dose.

In the video Adam has for it, he says that it is tacky before the boost is applied. I could only feel that when I tried to wipe across it with my single soft. I couldn't really feel that with my hand.

If it's slow today with work I'm going to wash then try using Boost only on my DD to see how that does.

I coated my wife's white Macan a few weeks ago.  Very HAPPY with the results so far.  Boost gave it the very slick feel and the shine has held up fantastically.  The coating went on very easily as well.

I also applied to a gloss black SVS subwoofer that I just purchased, yes crazy perhaps, but I wanted to protect it from swirls too.   

Wheel coating is on the way, so I should get that done soon as I am off work btwn Xmas and New Years.