Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vinyl Top Question

Nightgn

Question

I am new to this, so thanks for the help/advice. I have a 66 Mustang with a black vinyl top. I have read online that vinyl is very pourus so you need to "scrub" it with a horse hair brush and all purpose cleaner to bring out all the dust and particles. Can any of you walk me through the cleaning process and what products or treatments should be used to keep it looking good? Thanks guys...

post-16550-0-32227500-1504226853_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Yes vinyl is very pourus, with that said I would buy a car cover even if it sits in your garage.

1. Wash car thoroughly with Adams car Shampooooo

2. You can use diluted All Purpose Cleaner and a horse hair brush to scrub the roof or adams interior brush is really nice and can get the job done and it's a really nice brush.

3. Dry car with a adams drying towel, they are nice and plush.

4. Adams Leather Treatment is a good choice for your roof because it has a high SPF factor in it and is safe to use on vinyl, this is to help protect from the suns UV damage.

Since this is a old car you may want to consider doing rinseless washes you can find the videos on the adams site on how to do that if it appeals to you.

Hope this helps

Ps you don't have to scrub your roof every month with APC just when it's really dirty all other time just wash it like you would the car.

Great info. Thanks for the advice Joe!

Is there a cover you recommend? My father-in-law owned a body shop for 50 years and was always against them because of condescension build up underneath. Maybe newer covers allow more breathing? This will always be stored in an insulated garage, but I know plenty of dust and dirt finds its way in!

Thanks again.

car cover are made to breath, with that said i like and use the brand covercraft, autoanything.com has the best deals on car covers. make sure you sign up for there email specials and youll save 20% on your first purchase and they always have a sale on car covers. here is the link on the cover i use. There is a madness to wiping the car down before using your car cover this will prevent damage to the finish!

Good Luck

PS Nice Car

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/covercraft-noah-custom-car-cover

car cover are made to breath, with that said i like and use the brand covercraft, autoanything.com has the best deals on car covers. make sure you sign up for there email specials and youll save 20% on your first purchase and they always have a sale on car covers. here is the link on the cover i use. There is a madness to wiping the car down before using your car cover this will prevent damage to the finish!

Good Luck

PS Nice Car

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/covercraft-noah-custom-car-cover

I think you meant P.S., not PS LMAO Edited by Nathan